Monday, October 13, 2008

Insomnia

Well it's 12:37AM and I can't sleep! Not good since I have to get up at 5:00AM to take HD to seminary. Lets see that's just a little over four hours right? Should be good times when the alarm goes off! :) Since I can't sleep I decided I might as well be blogging so I can get some things caught up.
My mom was here for a visit last week and we had a BALL! It was so hard to see her leave! I am so grateful that she took the time to come and visit us. She is so busy with work and church and traveling I know it is crazy for her to come but we are SO glad she did. The kids were so glad to have grandma here. One day while she was here we took her out on the boat. SHE LOVED IT! I think the kids really got a kick out of showing her where we spend most of the summer. We cruised down the river and found a cute little restaruant to eat at. It was so GOOD!
Haylee, mom and I -hold onto your hats or they will fly off!

My teenagers - it almost looks like they like each other

Me and Sierra

Me and momEric and his mom in law -- check out Haylee in the background I didn't even realize she was doing that. Too funny!

On Wednesday we went to Gettysburg. We stopped for lunch at Boyds Bears -this is a REALLY cool place. It is HUGE!My baby bear -shhhh don't tell her I said thatBefore the tourLook TWO pictures hugging and smiling! I love these kids!Just a SMALL sample of the gorgeous fall foliage we saw - it was the perfect time of the year to be up there.Being silly.Up on this lookout tower. I am their commander in chief so they had to salute me! :)The place where President Lincoln gave the Gettysburg Address.

It was really neat to see all of the history there. Sad too, knowing how many men/boys died there over those three days during the Civil War. We all learned a lot and had a great time.

Mom I MISS YOU! Please come back SOON. February would be perfect! Heck ANYTIME is perfect! And that goes for the rest of you! I will promise you a free box of presidential M&M's if you come and visit! :)

On a side note, a little over a year ago I was called to be the primary president at church (the person in charge of kids 18 months to 11) and we have a program every year. This would make it program #2 for me. Last year I had about 40 kids this year I have about 22. Well I have to say when we practiced today and their little voices were so clear and strong it was just about the sweetest thing I have ever heard. When they sing "Called To Serve" and I hear the pride in their voices it brings a tear to my eye. And don't even get me started when they sing "If the Savior Stood Beside Me." I can hardly keep it together. Such strong little spirits in such a tough world. :) I am so grateful for the opportunity to serve in primary.

Alright enough of my rambling. I really need to get some sleep! I have a long day ahead of me!

6 comments:

Unknown said...

Ummm...Hello???? Gettysburg is only like 40 min. from me!! Maybe my phone wasn't working that day!
Great pictures. It's always nice to have Mom visit!
Love ya!
Erica

Me and the Boys! said...

Welcome to Blogger!! I was so happy to see you have a blog, it is so addicting!!!

Camille said...

Fun to catch up with you! We went to Gettysburg last May and loved the visitors center....too rainy to do much else though! Way to go Primary President! I bet you are awesome....and those kids are extra lucky to have you!
later gater, Camille and Chad

Jamie said...

I am so glad to have an update and I loved all of your pictures. You all look wonderful. My favorite was Haylee saying, "That's how I roll." She cracks me up.

Robert and Michelle said...

Cute pictures and I love the new site! Now leave a comment on my page and we are even...ha ha!

heather n said...

Cute background!! How fun to live so close to those historic sites. I can't believe how big your kids are. I know you said that your oldest is going to be 15, but to see him, he is so tall! What a cute family.