Still catching up! I will get there one day soon! :) June 1, 2012 my boy graduated from high school! Didn't he go to kindergarten just last month??? Guess not -it would be weird to have a kindergartener at BYU. lol Graduation was so bittersweet for me. I was so emotional I didn't know if I would make it through the graduation without being thrown out for uncontrollable sobbing -not kidding. The weeks leading up to then I couldn't keep it together but the good news is that I made it through the ceremony without too many tears. Yay for me! On a serious note, I am so proud of this boy of mine who is seriously one of the most amazing people I know. Seriously. AMAZING. He is so righteous and ALWAYS does the right thing even when it is hard. He turns to the scriptures and prayer often for guidance in his life. He spoke at seminary graduation for our stake and he was wonderful. He made people laugh and cry. After the seminary graduation a member of our stake presidency told me that "HD is someone that grown men can look up to" -true story my friends. I realize I am his momma but the awesomeness shines out of that kid. To say I am blessed to be his mother is a huge understatement and I am in awe every day that Heavenly Father picked me to take care of this boy. Anywho, back to graduation. It was a great event and people came from near and far to celebrate with us.
A grey morning -later that day we would be under a tornado warning with a horrible storm and sirens going off everywhere. I was very happy that his graduation wasn't at 5:00pm.
The inside of his hat with his name and graduation date
D and Sis -she sang with the choir
Pomp and Circumstance, this is the part where I cried.
the class of 2012
the choir see Sierra in the back row
walking across the stage
shaking hands -I was ok while he walked across the stage Haylee on the other hand put her head in her hands and sobbed for the next 10 mins. poor sis she was so sad he was going to leave her.
chatting it up with the VIP's - :)
Hugs from a teacher
Love this pic
and this one with his fist in the air
Hugs!
More hugs!
Love this pic of D with my mom and dad -his tassel is on my dad's head :)
with all of his grandparents.
sibs
The fab five
the party
This is from seminary graduation
Sierra was celebrating only one more year of early morning seminary for her...or that her brother was leaving soon....or it was just hot and she decided to cool off :)



1 comment:
Wow...so cool!
P.S. did you know that awesomeness shines out of you too...HD comes by it honestly :)
Post a Comment