Monday, February 25, 2013

Happenings

Life is insane.  I want to remember why I am not blogging.  So here are the reasons in no particular order and some of what we have been up to the last few months.

1. Thanksgiving in Wisconsin.  Gone for a week.  Had a grand time.

2.  HD came home for three weeks at Christmas. It was great.  Cried like a baby again when he left.

3.  HD is working on his mission papers. H.O.L.Y. C.O.W

4.  Discovered Haylee has "generalized anxiety disorder" -which means she gets more freaked out than most people over certain things and random things that are surprising.  Storms, elevators, ordering food, change....she started seeing a therapist in November and is doing so much better.  Weekly appointments in her schedule have become bi-weekly because she is doing so well.

5.  Sierra has been seeing a few new doctors which has lead to a slew of appointments each week.  We suspect she has a connective tissue disorder so genetic testing is in the works.  People with hyper mobility -super flexible- tend to have bad hearts so we are getting that checked out as well.  She is seeing  a pain management doc as well as a new orthopedic surgeon.  This trial is endless.  We have been talking a lot about not only enduring it but enduring it well as a lot of the time these last few weeks either she or I feels like we are on our last bit of strength to endure.  These dozens and dozens of appointments -no kidding she has SIX just this week - have got to be leading us somewhere right? Big deep breath.  We will survive this.

6.  Joe is having an endoscopy tomorrow.  No big deal he has a hiatal hernia they are going to take a closer look at because it is giving him some problems. So between him, Haylee and Sierra I have 8 doctors appointments on my schedule just this week alone.

7.  I was recently called to be the 2nd counselor in the Stake Young women's presidency.  How NUTS is that?!?  It is seriously nuts.  It's a ton of work but it has been fun.  I have had a great time attending other wards during ward conferences and New Beginnings programs this month and camp planning is coming along. We also put on a formal dinner/dance for the 16 and 17 year old YM and YW, it was a 16 hour day but it turned out AMAZING.  It is insane but I love the girls.

8.  Sierra graduates in about 90 days, HD will be leaving on his mission shortly after that.

9.  I am throwing -with help- two baby showers in the next two weeks, plus going to Southern Virginia University one weekend to check out the campus and heading to Bristol, Tennessee to take Haylee to a NASCAR race one weekend, and helping prepare the PAG (Joe's squadron) Easter Egg Roll.  All if this happens in the month of March.

So there you have it.  So much going on.  We are remembering to count our blessings, breathe, and keep putting one foot in front of the other.
Hopefully I can post some pics soon.  Until then.  Take care friends!

3 comments:

dennisandsong said...

WOWZA!!! Your life sounds CRAZY!! No wonder you aren't blogging!!!! You are a strong woman, I wish I was there to give some better support!!! Can't wait to hear where HD is going on his mission! Love and miss you guys!

Unknown said...

Holy cow you are a busy woman!!
and I must say, those YW are lucky to have you, you are awesome :)

Unknown said...

You are blogging...and looks like a fun time at the races...woohoo for living the dream!