Thursday, September 25, 2008

Haylee funnies...

Haylee has brought such joy and hilarity to our lives I cannot even begin to tell you. I decided I had better start blogging some of the funny things she says. She is so bright and that makes her all the funnier.

Here are some classics just from the last couple of weeks:

While I was braiding her hair after her shower and before she went to bed she was watching TV and a Barbie commercial came on. The commercial was showing various Barbies doing different things, being a vet, a chef, etc., Haylee watches for a minute and the commercial shows a Barbie, with the help of a little girl of course, take a cake out of her Barbie oven and Haylee says to me in her give me a break kind of voice,

"You gotta be pretty good with a Barbie to make it pick up a cake!"

Cracked me up! Mattel should realize not every six year old girl gets sucked in to their tricky advertising. I mean really have you ever tried to have a Barbie get a tiny cake out of a tiny oven?

Then while doing her math last Wednesday she does the bottom half of the worksheet before the top. In my doing my best imitation of a teacher thinking I am analyzing why; does she like the vertical problems on the bottom better than the horizontal ones on the top? Does she find it easier? I ask her why she did it that way and she says:

"That's how I roll."

Again I'm dying.

Yesterday she had a doctor appointment because she has been having headaches so I just wanted to make sure it wasn't anything to worry about. While the doctor is questioning her the doc asks her when her headaches occur, in the morning, before bed? Haylee's answer:

"They happen at random times."

The doctor laughed and asked her if she was sure she was six and not twenty! :) I hear that a lot!


She sneezed really hard yesterday and said:

"I sneezed so hard I think I sprained my throat!"

Driving on base she saw some contractors working on the road she said:

"That guy was cute!"
me: "Should we turn around so you can get his number?" (joking!)
her: "Yeah!"
me: "You know you're not allowed to date until you are sixteen"
her: "WHAT?!? Now I'm never gonna find true love!"

Honestly that kid KILLS me! :)
I love this girl!

3 comments:

Heather said...

How funny is she!! My kids say funny things all the time - the only problem is by the time I get to writing them down I have forgotten what they said. I need to carry a notebook with me and just jot them down as they say it.

Heather (Park) Norman

The Harding Hive said...

I sprained my throat.....I love that! What a cutie!

The Harding Hive said...

By the way, this is me, Sara! Got so carried away in how funny that was that I forgot to tell you it was me.