It has been so long since I updated my blog! Everytime I get on here I think I am going to update more often but it doesn't seem to happen! Oh well, onward and upward right? Quick end of summer summary (saying end of summer summary makes me smile) :) Joe is doing great! He is fully healed and eating anything he wants! He saw the doctor for the last time yesterday and he said he is good to go. Hooray! Our trip to South Carolina was FANTASTIC! Seriously one of the best vacations we have ever taken! We spent everyday on the water, fishing, swimming, boating. It was so much fun! School started for the kids on August 24th. HD decided to go back to public school this year. He is LOVING every minute of it so far! He made the varsity soccer team and was voted one of the captains! They played their first game Tuesday and he scored the winning goal! He is doing well in his classes and somehow manages to get up at 5 am for seminary and I don't pick him up from soccer practice until 7pm! That kid is pulling a 14 hour day! He wouldn't have it any other way. Sierra and Haylee are both still homeschooled. Sierra is a freshman and really likes doing all of her school work on the computer. She is doing a high school transcript program through BYU. I love it because I don't have to grade her papers! She is doing really well. She also started seminary this year. She loves seminary but does not like the early wake up call! (I don't blame her!). Haylee is in third grade and loves school for the most part. She loves math and reading but is not too fond of spelling or writing. :)
Here are our slightly out of order pictures:
Daisy at recess on the first day of school.

Haylee opening her new ice cream cone eraser

My fabulous sign in our classroom

Haylee outside at recess

Sierra at recess...5am is starting to get to her!

HD before school

a closer look

Sierra's first day at BYU

Okay peeps, that about does it for today anyway. Haylee has been writing a composition while I've been updating and I have had to listen to her complain the whole time! ha ha I better give her some more structure and look over what she has. She has written almost a whole page and just said to me "this is going to be more of an ESSAY than a compositon" she is so funny. One more Haylee funny...we watched the Presidents speech on Tuesday and when he came on tv she said "I thought the president was black" I was cracking up! She has seen him before but has never paid that much attention I guess. I explained to her that he was bi-racial. It was so cute.
Take care everyone and happy almost fall!
1 comment:
Fun update! Love to hear what you guys are up to. You sound fantastic and that makes me happy. And I am so glad Joe is all better. Yay! Happy Fall!!! :)
Post a Comment