Thursday, December 16, 2010

Believing


Haylee has mostly decided that she doesn't believe in Santa this year. I am pretty sure she has felt that way for the last year or two but this is the first year she has been really vocal about it. She gets upset if I mention that Santa is coming and reminds me that she doesn't believe. She is only NINE. :( She is my super logical and analytical child though so I knew her believing wouldn't last long. --quick break in my post it is snowing outside and Haylee is getting her boots on to go play in in and she just said well squealed "this brings back so many memories!" ha ha ha I love that kid. ---anyway back to believing... So even though Haylee says she doesn't believe, a couple of weeks ago she asked me for a handwriting sample so that she could compare it to the tags on the gifts from Santa - see what I mean about analytical? Anyway, today before she went out in the snow she was telling me that she decided to keep believing in Santa because "its fun" :) I am happy that she has a some Christmas magic in her heart even if her head tells her differently.
Merry Christmas everyone!

1 comment:

Wendy Jean said...

YOu need to get the book I Believe in Santa Claus... I talked about it last year

http://wendyssoapbox.blogspot.com/2009/12/christmas-story.html

They grow up fast. Awsumb is very sentimental this last year and I can tell he is trying to straddle that line and stay a kid as long as possible (I am so thankful for this!)

I told Awsumb from the beginning that Santa is just for fun, but he refuses to admit he knows. I realized this year it's because he so wants to believe in such a magical event... he did pull me aside the other day and say "I really know the truth, just like you always told me, but it's more fun to believe!"

I think when they are done, which is sounds like your little one is... it's time to get them in on the magic, playing Santa for someone else! Merry Christmas to you and yours!