There are a lot of times in my life that the answer to a prayer comes so clearly it almost scares me. I am so grateful to know that Heavenly Father loves me and will help when I ask. Well, Sierra is having a similar experience just today and again the gratitude I feel is immeasurable. Last night I took Sierra to a babysitting "interview" for a couple who found out about her through some people we go to church with. The meet and greet went well and they asked Sierra to babysit for them November 13th, they told us they had had a hard time finding someone for that night and were so grateful Sierra was available. Almost as soon as we left we both realized that night is our Stake Youth Activity at church. Sierra almost cried realizing she would have to choose wether to let down the couple who said that needed her or to go to the church activity. I told her we would figure it out and I would be happy to babysit the three year old if need be so Sierra could go to the church thing. Sierra was really worried about what to do, as much as she wanted to go to the church activity she was having a hard time breaking her commitment to the babysitting job. I almost had her call the couple last night and tell them she didn't realize she had a church activity that night but told her to pray about it and she would know what she should do and could call them tonight. Sierra must have said a good prayer because today we got an e-mail noting that the church activity had been MOVED TO THE WEEK PRIOR! CrAzY! She won't need to choose she can stick to her commitment AND go to the activity. My mouth seriously dropped when I read that. I still cannot believe it. Just goes to show ya, Heavenly Father is listening and He does care even about simple things like a babysitting job. :)
Happy October everyone!
2 comments:
Thanks for sharing this today!
Awesome story! And great experience for Sierra. Prayer is amazing!
Post a Comment