One: She was sick REALLY sick over the weekend, like threw up 18 times (NO KIDDING) in six hours six. After the #whatever trip to the bathroom I hugged her and she said "Mom, I don't wanna hug you, you can't get sick" I told her not to worry that she could still hug me and we would wash our hands etc... she said "No, you can't get sick because you are the only one that cares about me." I laughed and reminded her that dad, D, and Sis, loved and cared about her too and she said "no they don't! Dad always just tells me that I will be fine and to suck it up" lol It was pretty funny. Definitely not as much sympathy from dad.
Two: Tonight we were standing on our covered porch watching some lightning that was far to the east of us but still very bright and Haylee told me she was getting nervous to be outside. I told her she could go in but I was going to stand and watch it for a few minutes longer. Her response was grabbing my arm and then saying "No mom, I am staying with you. If we die we die together!" LOL CRACKS. ME. UP.
The not funnies are the yucky stuff that has happened to us a couple of weeks ago. On Saturday March 6th Daisy, our sweetest best dog in the whole world, was chasing a squirrel and she got caught on a bolt sticking out of the fence and ripped her left side open. It was not good. We rushed her to the vet where she had emergency surgery to close the wound and ended up with 30 staples in her side and a drainage tube. It was awful. We were lucky that none of the kids saw her all opened up and that we ended up at the vet we did. I prayed the whole way there that they would be able to help her we knew it wasn't life threatening but that it would be bank account threatening and I was worried that we wouldn't be able to afford the vet bill. The vet we ended up at was just a regular clinic that was open on a Saturday not an emergency clinic. If we had ended up at an emergency clinic the bill would have been twice as much and we would not have been able to afford it. The good news is Daisy is healing great she got her staples out last Saturday and the vet said she is good to go. A huge blessing as there was a possibility of a second surgery but she doesn't need one. We are so grateful.
Joe left on Sunday for the week and on that Monday I was in a car accident and totaled our little Nissan Sentra that we had bought for the kids to drive. The accident was totally my fault and we only had liability insurance so the car was a total loss. I felt so awful for wrecking the car. However, even though it was awful to lose the car I was hit in the drivers side door which is not a good place to have another car hit you. I hit my head on the window and was bruised and sore the next week or so but sustained no other injuries. If I had been hit by any other type of vehicle or if the other driver had been speeding I could've easily ended up in the hospital or worse. The windows held in that little car or I would have had a face full of glass. I am so, so, so thankful that I was watched over and protected, none of the kids were in the car with me, and the other driver was fine as well. SO THANKFUL!
Anywho, just wanted to write about those things. I have been wanting to write for awhile but things have been crazier than usual obviously. :)
Happy Spring everyone.
2 comments:
OH, she is too precious! Love Haylee's thought regarding you!
Glad you and dog both are ok after your accidents!!! Blessings are the best,glad you could see them through the rough patches!
Love and miss you!
Post a Comment