We were doing school and she got frustrated and the conversation went like this
Haylee: That's it! I quit!
Me: You can't quit it's against the rules of school, the #1 rule is no quitting
Haylee: Well since I just quit the rules don't apply to me any more!
Me: Touche'
I mean can you argue with that logic?
The second one we were at Joe's work for his promotion ceremony. Joe's big boss was there, the head honcho, the guy in charge of everyone....he is a Colonel -after the ceremony Haylee asked me if she could go over and talk to him. I said sure thinking she just wanted to shake his hand since she had seen him on TV.
About the time she got over to him I realized I better get my hiney over there because with Haylee, as you well know, you never know what will come out of her mouth. I see the Col. bending down and laughing a bit when I get there I hear this part of the conversation..
Col.: Popcorn? (laughing)
Haylee: Yeah, when you rank up are you going to be popcorn? (laughing a bit as she says this)
Col: (quizzical look)
Haylee: ya, know cause now you are a "kernel" so when you rank up you'll be popcorn.
Col.: (cracks up) and tells her he is going to use that joke.
Me: (really wants to say, uh sorry about that crazy kid Sir. I'll go find her mother) but what can I do? I laugh too. That kid is funny!!! Glad he thought so!
1 comment:
Funny :)
I love her comeback to you about quitting...smart cookie!
Post a Comment