Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Sharing an idea....

Wow, we have had the busiest summer on record! We have been traveling, going to camp, and having visitors. I will blog about all that stuff later. For now I had to share one of the best ideas I have heard in a long time!!!! I have a friend in my Stake that posted this today and I loved it so much I am going to do it next year and I wanted to share it with all of you.

It has to do with Christmas cards. Each year I pack the cards we received that year in with the Christmas decorations and one of my favorite things about getting our house ready for Christmas is re-reading the cards we received the year before. I love looking at all the pictures and reading the cute letters and sweet messages. Well my friend Kiersten, who rocks for all kinds of reasons but this one takes the cake, posted today about a new tradition their family did this year. They put all the cards they received in a basket and each night before family prayer they took out a card and talked about that friend or family member. Then they included that person in their prayer that evening. How sweet is that????? I absolutely love this idea and am so happy that I know amazing people so I can steal their fabulous ideas and in the process become a better person. :) It's a win, win for me really. Thanks Kiersten for being awesome!!!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Wow, thanks!
Oh and steal away...there is no charge for awesomeness :)
(I'll be disappointed if you don't get the movie reference, ha ha!)

dennisandsong said...

That is a good idea, maybe I will steal it too!!! Miss you, wish we could be one of your visitors!!!