Thursday, June 14, 2012

Cherry Blossoms

Springtime is a gorgeous time in our Nations Capitol.  The Cherry Blossoms usually bloom right around spring break time for the kids but because we had such a mild winter they bloomed a bit earlier than usual so one fine Friday when it was 82 degrees in MARCH we took the kids out of school and spent the day in DC as a family.  I know I said in the previous post that I would catch up a few months at a time when I started looking at the cherry blossom pictures I realized they needed a post of their own!  Here they are.....

This was right after we came up out of the metro station
 A very cool "hollow" in this tree.  Haylee is obsessed with owls.
 Not cherry blossoms but a cheery smile ;)
 Around the tidal basin with the Jefferson Memorial in the background
The Jefferson Memorial 
 The Fab Five
us :)   
The tidal basin 
 typical
 Contemplating life
 Think she's got it all figured out!  
 a different view of the Jefferson Memorial
a gorgeous canopy of blossoms 
 taking a break
 me and my favorite son
gorgeous girl 
 Springtime is beautiful here!  So many flowers on the National Mall


 this is a "ruffled tulip"  I had never seen one before




Mr.Squirrel 
My little peanut 

 the daffodils 
 love the red tulips
 100 years since the cherry blossoms were given
Very cool to be there during the centennial celebration!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Pretty! ...sadly I went on a very rainy day and though it was pretty, it was not as pretty :)
I guess there is always next year!