Sunday, November 17, 2013

Birthdays, babies, and the honor roll :

Lots going on lately -honestly when isn't there a lot going on! But busy means healthy and mostly happy- so on we go.
Last week, on the 6th Haylee turned 12.  The last two years I am pretty sure I paid her not to have a birthday party.  When the kids were all young I loved it.  I loved
having a houseful of kids hopped up on sugar, as I get older -or as they do- I could really live without the whole formal party where I have to plan things and entertain Tweens for a lot of hours.  Well this year Haylee really wanted a party and as you only get to have really super fun invite all your friends eat as much cake and junk as you want kind of birthdays I said "ok". She chose an art theme and we had a couple of little crafts and one big craft which was to paint a 20x24 canvas. The girls had SO MUCH FUN.  
The ginormous cake.  It was six layers! 

Haylee really wanted a rainbow cake so that's what we did.  It was so fun to cut into! 
Five girls became six when Daisy joined the sleepover. 
The next morning was a little chaotic in the house so I suggested they go out and play in the leaves. 
Ready....
Set....
Go! 
The girls had so much fun! 
Now onto the babies...
I am "working" these days.  I put that in quotation marks because I watch a sweet little cutie a couple days a week.  It is work she is 18 months and there are diapers and messes to clean up but she is so stinking cute and fun and so so so good that it doesn't really seem like work a lot of the time.  
Her name is Mia and she is so much fun! 
I watched another cutie tonight so his parents could go to a church activity his name is Eli and he is one of my favorite babies ever!!! He is so so happy! 
Love getting to play with the littles but not having to keep them!  Ha! :) 
Last but not least Haylee made the honor roll for the first quarter at school.  Today was the awards assembly she also won the character award for September the character trait was trustworthiness. She is a member of the student counsel again this year and enjoyed her role at the assembly of helping to keep order during the festivities.  
In other fantastic news Joe got accepted to his masters program today!!!  Now the question will he go.....????  He is still undecided.  Either way it was great news!
I am so glad he is finishing his bachelors now wonder if they would let him wear one of these hats to walk at graduation? 
Lol he is a goof! 




1 comment:

Wendy Jean said...

LOVE THE CAKE! She is such a doll!