Camp was held at Prince William Forrest Park in Triangle, Virginia. Our theme was "Camp OZ (our Zion)" and the motto was "Come Unto Christ, there's no place like home". BEST THEME EVER! It was amazing even though there were tons and tons and tons of ticks. Proof of all the ticks was when we realized Haylee had Lyme disease just 2 weeks after getting home. We knew she had a tick on her I checked the site and 2 weeks later bullseye rash. Not fun but antibiotics took care of it. Yay for modern meds. Now back to the fun part of camp. I feel so blessed to work with Lana and Becky. I am always learning from their righteous examples. Every time I am with Lana she inspires me to be a better person (the weekend before camp we were tasked with doing dinner for the priesthood between sessions of stake conference and I was so grumbly about it. Lana was steadfast in her positive attitude and always thinks the best of everyone- I like to think I try to do that but she is much better at it than I am) and on top of all that we have SO MUCH FUN together! It really is wonderful to serve with people you love to be around. Then there is the support staff we are blessed to work with at camp. Our amazing camp director sister Bonnet, the YCL leaders and our fun crafty ladies. One of my favorites is Jacque Munns. She grew up in Rigby and is a hoot and a half. Always lots of fun to be and when sister Munns is around. A couple of YCLs wandered into our cabin one night to see her swinging a bra over her head and promptly putting it on her head as earmuffs. They could not beleive their eyes :) and said we were the loudest cabin in all of camp. And we were! She and sis Martin landed in kangaroo court for that incident. :) Wednesday we did our golden hour (an hour long devotional) we each spoke under the umbrella of staying on the path- my part was why we should/how -(use your GPS of course Gospel Principals System) Becky's was about forks in the road and trusting The Lords direction and Lana's was about choosing to be happy no matter what part of the road we are on. We got a lot of positive feedback and I think we made a gabe the girls something to think about even though two days later when president Volk came up and asked them what they had learned that week none of them had an answer lol. Thursday evening was YCL "raid the kitchen" night and those cute 16 and 17 year olds insisted we join their fun party. There were jalapeño poppers, it was 11:30pm, I ate several, that turned out to be a very bad idea at 4:00 in the morning. I was sick for most of the day. Had to stay in bed that morning. It was miserable. First moment I was forced to face I am not a teenager anymore -well close to the first ha ha ha.
Here are the pictures
We stayed in the infirmary. Looked a little like a mental institution but it worked :)
We look good on day one
Favorite camp shirt EVER!
The now annual posing on something at Walmart photo
Me and cute sis. She had a rough camp experience but she was given a wonderful blessing on the last night and was blessed that she would only have fond memories and she does. :)
Some of my most favorite people
Crazies
Haylee loved kayaking! She did great!
We got a new member of the stake YW right before camp. Jamie is fab!
Paying their dues in kangaroo court
We did not have cell service at camp. Not one bit. We are all on the phone with our hubbies.
Girls -along with bro reed- doing the squirrel dance for lost items
Stake leaders: sis Ramon stake RS pres moonlighting as camp nurse, sis Munns also stake RS -assistant crafts, Becky, Lana, Jocelyn -crafts, Jamie, me, sis Bonnett stake camp director, sis staley -assistant camp director, sis Gillingwater YCL leader.
Coolest lanyards and buttons. Sis Bonnett made one for every single person at camp! Girls, leaders EVERYONE!














1 comment:
you blogged!
Camp was so fun!!
Post a Comment