Joe is away for work for a bit so Haylee and I are having some girl time. We had a great weekend and are enjoying hanging out and spoiling ourselves a bit. Friday night I had a Camp meeting from 5-11 so Haylee was home alone. She enjoyed it though and watched Netflix and played video games. The camp meeting was fun I enjoyed visiting with Mary (1st counselor in the stake YW) and planning with the YCLs. It is wonderful to feel like a part of the stake here as I loved that so much when we lived in Maryland. I remember going to things after we first moved here and being so sad I didn't know anyone, especially the young women. I missed "my girls" and hated not knowing these cute new girls at all. As I arrived at the meeting the other night I was greeted by several excited shouts of "Hi Sister Huhmann!" And a couple hugs from those cute girls whose names I now know. What a difference a year makes! I am thankful for the love of this new group. Saturday Haylee had guard practice from 9-1. I did some tv watching and some organizing. It is a great feeling to have things in order. We have very few Saturday's free -maybe one!- in the next six or seven weeks so we declared this Saturday our DOF (Day of Fub). I picked Haylee up and we got lunch at Sonic. We came home and did a few more things then headed out to the soccer fields as it was a gorgeous 68 degrees. We both had headaches but it was so nice to be out in the sunshine. Then we got dinner from McDonald's came home and watched some of the Harry Potter marathon on tv, then decided to take ourselves to the movies (see? Definite spoiling going on). We saw Zootopia. It was really cute and we both enjoyed it a lot. We picked up a few Sunday necessities at Walmart and came home. Today I had a ward conference to attend in Odessa. I think this makes the sixth one so far? We have two more to go but not until May. I had not been to the Odessa building before. It was a beautiful chapel and the drive there was beautiful country. We even came across the biggest house we had ever seen! Haylee and I both decided we could really get on board with country living if we could live there. Next time I'll take a picture! The conference was wonderful and uplifting and I felt the spirit so strongly during a special musical number of "His Hands" I had never heard the song before and was overcome with emotion listening to the words. The other parts of the meeting went well, as did our training afterwards. It is always nice to meet with the sisters that serve the young women and counsel together with them. Driving home I realized I had forgotten to buy butter yesterday and everything we had planned on making needed butter. Instead of breaking the sabbath I had Haylee text Amy and see if they had some butter we could borrow, she said "yes!" Saving the day! The rest of Sunday we spent laying around and enjoying the day relaxing. I had a worse headache today than yesterday but it seems to be gone tonight. Hopeful that tomorrow is a headache free day. I'll try to add some more pics to my next post. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment