Thursday, September 21, 2017

Hot, Hot, Hot!

It is September the best month of the whole year!  Fall begins, it's my birthday month (thanks mom!) and the air starts to feel crisper.  Well maybe if you live somewhere with good fall weather.  I realize we are in the very early stages of fall and that it doesn't officially start until tomorrow buuuuttt... look at this weather from tonight 
Seriously!!  At almost 9:00pm it feels like it is 87 degrees outside with 82% humidity.  Ugh.  The humidity is killer.  I want to be able to open my windows and let in the fresh air.  That's the best part of fall.  Tomorrow the high is 90 degrees. NINETY people!  Y. U. C. K. 
Spent some time volunteering at the thrift store this morning.  It was just for a few hours and it was fun.  Came home ate lunch then headed to Overland Park to take Sierra to her pain doc to have her right shoulder checked out. He ordered an MRI so we will see. Haylee came with and it was nice to spend some time in the car together.  That kid is busy and I feel like I barely see her some days.  Stopped at Burlington on the way home to see if they had a dress for the ball this weekend.  My plan was to wear my ball gown from the Chief Induction in March but it is long sleeves and as we are having July weather it doesn't seem like the best idea.  I found a dress for 20 bucks but It was slinky fabric and showed that even though I have lost 13 pounds I have a ways to go.  I decided to leave it and see what works at home. I have several dresses in the lineup so I may change to something else besides the long sleeves.  It's hard when you have to wear floor length to these things.  I am thankful to have purchased dresses over the years and almost always buy them on sale.  I got a dress at the thrift shop two years ago for 5 bucks!  I might wear that one again. Friday will be figure out the dress day.  I did find a cute new top that I decided to buy 

It's cute. My hair looked so dull!  Fluorescent lighting is the worst.  I was ready to drive to a hair salon and have some highlights done right that minute!  I haven't colored my hair in years but that lighting made me question my life choices.

 Tonight the girls went to church stuff and Joe and I watched the finale of Americas Got Talent. That cute ventriloquist girl won the whole thing.  I was so glad! Her talent was unmatched!!  
Another day in the books. 

No comments: