Sunday, December 24, 2017

Christmas Eve

The last couple of months have been busy of course.  I’ll tell the story with pictures to sum it all up.  
This baby girl turned 16 years old. I surprised her with treats at seminary. Then surprised her again that night with treats for the cast of Bye Bye Birdie. 
We had her party the first Saturday in December. I offered her all kinds of big ideas but she chose to go ice skating with her closest friends.  There was a lot of singing in the car. They had a great time. 

Aly, Haylee, Katelyn, Vickie,  front Rebecca and Abby. 
Afterwards we went to Pizza Ranch for a buffet.  The food was not fab but the girls were happy since they were starving. 
November also brought the grand opening of the thrift store on base.  It was SO MUCH WORK. But the new store is really nice. I am thankful for the friendships I have made there. This pic left to right:
Nicole Gray, Lynda Wilcox, Col. Mark Ely, Katie Phillips, me and Chief Robbins. 
Haylee was in the ensemble of Bye Bye Birdie.  The kids did an AMAZING job. The two male leads were kids from our ward.  It was a fun production and Haylee had a BLAST!

All the kids from our ward in the production.
My mom came and so did Joe’s parents.  


The end of November Sierra had shoulder surgery.  This is the morning of. 
She had a rough recovery (in the pic below she had sparking strawberry daqeri to help her feel better lol) 
It was a tough few weeks but we made it through and she is feeling a lot better. 
Haylee got to go see her hero Scott Kelly talk about his book a year in space.  She LOVED it.  She even got to ask him a question and got a signed copy of the book. 
When he called on her he said “this girl right here in the gang colors” lol. 

The very next night Haylee went on her first date.  Tanner Young had called her earlier in the week and asked her out.  She was ecstatic.  They went zip lining, had a bonfire, then did some service and went out for frozen yogurt.  She had so much fun!!! 
CUTEST! 

Ok I’ll update December soon!  I gotta go find a jolly guy with some presents to put under the tree.  🎅🏻😜🎄🎁









No comments: