Tuesday, January 29, 2019

Cold, cold, cold!

Joe is in Vegas for 4 weeks. Up until this Point we have had a fairly mild winter. But, no sooner had he left then the cold started moving in. Last weekend bro blizzard conditions with white out visibility Monday morning. Then last night the polar vortex started pushing our way. Today the temperature was -20 or so when I woke up with a feels like temperature of -48. Tomorrow is supposed to bring -32 by 8 a.m. with the wind chill hovering in the -60 area. That said they actually canceled school. Even the post office is closed for all of North and South Dakota tomorrow. It is 63° in Vegas today Joe owes me big time LOL. Tomorrow we will be huddled up watching movies and drinking hot chocolate. It’s nice to have an unexpected day off :-) 


Sunday we stayed home from church because the weather was too unpredictable. Haylee shoveled the few inches of snow we got since I am still not supposed to use my abs.  She didn’t complain at all.  She is a good kid.  


Today I went to lunch with Keva and Stephanie.  We had a great time as always and could’ve stayed there for hours chatting it up. 
I also took Haylee to the doctor today. She has been complaining about knee pain for several months.  She has had some unexplained pain and lots of cracking and popping in her joints for a few years.  Her knee pain has gotten to the point that it really bothers her.  I have suspected EDS for her for a long time but things have been ok and a diagnosis doesn’t help a great deal.  However, with her knees getting worse and her getting older/closer to being off mom and dads insurance I decided we will head down the road of getting her diagnosed.  At least this time I know what I am doing. After talking with her doc today her doc said to me “you have amazing orthopedic terminology” I told her I am an expert.   lol.  I don’t look forward to having another kiddo diagnosed but it is important to have it docimented, if that is the case for her.  All EDS-ers are different. Haylee’s case is certainly less severe than Sierra’s.  I am thankful for the blessings that come through trials for us all.  And pray always that we will endure them well. 

No comments: