Monday, May 10, 2021

Mother’s Day

I got to be with all of my kids this year!  I am so happy!  The last several years I have just had Haylee at home. :)  this morning we all went to church with Sierra.  She has had a hard time feeling like she is fitting in in Utah and hadn’t been to church since she moved to her bee apartment in February.  Today we took the whole fam, Joe included to the Orem 12th YSA ward.  Sacrament meeting was wonderful.  We met the bishop and the relief society President.  They were both awesome.  The relief society President said she would drive Sierra to church and sit with her if she wanted her to.  It was really sweet.  After church we had lunch and Sierra headed to work.  The kids were dying to hike so we went to grotto falls.  They said it was “flat” and “super easy” I am here to tell you that neither of those things proved true lol.  The hike was a lot uphill and had two precarious water crossings involving balancing on rocks and logs and trying not to fall in the creek/mud.  I got super grumpy at about the first crossing but the kids and Joe were patient and helped me cross.  I did better coming back even though half my foot/shoe got soaked in the water.  
Played with Emmett a lot when we got home.  Dang I love that kid!!!  He likes to “meet you” and so he comes up and says “what’s your name Mimi?” I must answer “Mimi” and then he sticks his hand out to shake yours and says “nice to meet you Mimi” if you don’t ask his name right away he instructs you to and then you meet again -reversing roles this time.  Sometimes during this game he takes time to meet himself and shakes his own hand. 🤣🤣. Hilarious.  I am so thankful for the time we have had with him. After that we had a lovely dinner.  Haylee impressed me by trying new foods and sort of liking them.  
Sierra texted she may be off around 8. Strange but hey that would mean we would see her tonight and in the morning before we left. We started watching Raya and the Last Dragon.  Super cute movie!  I saw 2/3? Sierra came over about 8:20. She came in and asked right away if she could take a bath because she wasn’t feeling well.  She threw up a few times while in the bathroom and was shaking like crazy and crying saying her stomach really hurt.  After trying to give her some fruit syrup for nausea and her throwing that up, I decided we needed to head to the ER. I suspected a bowel infection because she has had issues with those the last 8 months or so.  At the ER the doc suspected kidney stones.  They got her nausea meds and after what seemed like an eternity pain meds.  She finally settled down and rested for 10-ish minutes before they came to take her for a CT scan.  They needed to do contrast which always does weird things to Sierra pain wise.  Her body reacts so weird to stuff.  By the time she got back she was shaking like crazy and throwing up again.  10 minutes more went by and they got her more pain meds and nausea meds.  I hate when she comes here that they treat her like everyone else.  A person with EDS needs more meds than the average person.  They never take that into account.  It is super frustrating.  Like she doesn’t go through enough.  Anywho, she is resting again now and we are waiting for CT results.  Joe, Haylee and I are supposed to head back to Idaho in the morning but I suppose that depends on how Sierra does tonight. Thank goodness she is off work tomorrow.  I hate how hard her life is.  She really deserves a break and it seems that it is always one thing after another.  Big sigh.  Also, my dear friend Lana (who lives in Florida) is at this same hospital with her daughter Sierra.  Her Sierra was in a terrible accident a couple of weeks ago.  Lana and I texted tonight saying how we wished we could give each other a quick hug.  Her Sierra cannot be left alone right now and it was too late for me to sneak upstairs to hug her.  Life is hard.  Did I mention that already? Having a mortal body is no joke.  I need to take better care of mine. 
Here are a few pics from today. 



























2 comments:

FloridaMimi said...

Cutest grand baby ever!!

FloridaMimi said...

Cutest grand baby ever!!