Tuesday, March 16, 2021

A year of Covid

One year ago, the world shut down. Schools closed. We bought all the things.  We stayed home.  We were scared.  So scared of the unknown. Then weeks passed, slowly at first but on they went. Work continued. Information was fast coming and even faster changing. No masks, masks. You are not safe. You are safe. Don’t go anywhere, get outside for your mental health.  A quick rundown of what I remember...

May- Haylee graduated. It was in person, outside, no family was allowed except parents. Lots of family watched on zoom.  I got emotional after she walked and many family and friends sent me texts with pictures of their screens showing they were watching and cheering.  It may have just been Joe and I in the stands but so many were there with us.

We celebrated Sierras one year accident anniversary. She sustained so much more than physical damage during that time.  She is still healing. Emmett turned one.  He was adorable and not walking. He took his time. :)  

June: We celebrated 20 years of marriage.  That’s a pretty big deal.  Joe is so good to me. He loves me no matter what. All the time. He supports me and ALWAYS does what’s right.  ALWAYS. He makes me laugh and just takes care of all of us. I am eternally grateful for him. 

July: we went to Missouri.  Joe’s mom had gotten so sick (not Covid) and we needed to go and see her. We visited the farm and spent a few days in warrensburg with our friends.  It was a good visit.  We saw steph and Larry on the way down and stayed in a hotel on the way back. No Covid. Haylee stayed home and worked her first job. 

August: we prepped to take Haylee to college. 

September: we headed to Idaho to move Haylee into BYUI.  We spent time with Idaho and Utah family.  Went to the aquarium, Emmett is so fun with all that, spent time at the cabin with all the kids and had the best time.  We went out to see a meteor shower and a full moon. It was beautiful. We left Haylee mid September and headed home just the two of us.  We both cried as we drove away from our cute girl.  I dealt with the emotional part of Covid, and not being able to go anywhere. I was over it.  From June through the end of January we were not allowed to eat out on restaurants. 

October: I started working.  I tell everyone I ran out of kids so Joe made me go to work.  He didn’t totally make me but kind of lol.  I am working at the BX. I like it. I have great hours and benefits. Joe made the Command Chief list.  Only 100 out of 1300 chiefs made the list.  I am so proud of him. 

November: thanksgiving just the two of us.  First time ever I think. No friends, nada. Covid numbers were high so we just hung out. So weird. Sierra moved to Utah.  We are so happy to have her out of California. She got a job she loves.  We are so proud of her.  

December: we headed back to Idaho to the cabin for Christmas. My sibs were supposed to come, but Krissie’s last baby showed up five weeks early and ty had had surgery the end of November and still wasn’t healed so it was just us and our kiddos. We had a great time and loved seeing all the kids and loving on Emmett.  We rode snowmobiles, the razor, went sledding, went to an ice castle and played a million games. 

January: back to work, nothing overly exciting. 

February: same, we can eat in restaurants again!  Yay! Sierra moved into an apartment with a couple of roommates.  She is happy and doing fairly well. 

March which is now- started with a trip to DC and North Carolina.  Joe attended the Command Chief Training Course and we had a great time with family. It was a much needed getaway. No command chief hire yet so we will stay in Minot for now.  We love it and are happy to serve where the Air Force needs us.  

I’d like to say I’ll be a better blogger but really who knows? I’d like to be and I guess that is something lol. 

Thanks for catching up with me. 

No comments: