Thursday November the 6th Haylee turned SEVEN! WOW! I can't believe the last year has gone by so quickly!!! This year we started a new birthday tradition...Birthday Wishes. You get a wish for each year you are old. Haylee was really excited to spend her seven wishes
Wish #1 Pancakes for breakfast

YUMMY!

Wish#2 NO SCHOOL! -there aren't any pictures of this one
Wish #3 a luxurious bubble bath

She was in there for an hour!

opening presents - no wish needed here -

Pokemon Cards! Yessss!!!

A chemistry set from Grandma Chelle!

And drumroll please..... AN ACOUSTIC GUITAR! She wanted one of these so badly!

Very exciting!

Look at that awesome pink!
-that awesome pink set me back 10 more bucks than just the plain one!

Dad rockin' out before he left for work.

Oh yeah and now he's BALD!
Bad haircut = shaving your own head totally bald! :)

Wish #4 - making things explode...well not quite.

Wish #5 eating dinner on the couch while watching TV
-Usually a big no no!

Wish #6 was an extra bedtime story - no pictures of that one either.
Wish #7 was to go see Madagascar 2 on Friday - it was HYSTERICAL!

So the wishes were for the actual day of her birthday today -Saturday- we had her party. It was a carnival theme and we had a BLAST! The pictures of the kids actually playing the games were pretty blurry -Joe wasn't using the flash - but here is what we did...
The first game we played was "Lucky Cups" throw a ball into the cup
and try to hit the colored ones for points.
Then we did a bean bag toss.

Here is a random picture of the cake. I have never in my life stacked
a cake and decorated it. It was fun!

What do you think?

The table

the decorations

the cupcakes...decorated by Haylee

the adult friends from r to l
Eric, Ally (little friend), Lisa, Troy, Erica, Meta, Sheena, Hermione, and Matt
What a fab group! T and E drove all the way from Pennsylvania!

The kids picking their bean bags. Sierra and I made them.

The cake with the candles

Singing to the birthday girl

The mysterious fortune tellers. You should have heard some of their awesome predictions.
*If you put on your coat....you will be warm.
*You will recieve presents on December 25th.
*You will recieve a treat before the end of the day.
Scary how right on they were!

Here is the mysterious fortune teller on another day. I mentioned above how Sierra and I made the bean bags. I have been teaching her how to sew and she is LOVING it. She is making a rag quilt for a Young Women's project. I have had such a great time teaching her.
She is doing GREAT!

Cutting fabric while grandma was here.
6 comments:
You are such a fun mom. What a great party and the cake looked great. Happy Birthday Haylee!
We had a great time. It is always so nice to see you guys. I wish we were still neighbors! Remember the house next door to ours is for sale. Joe would only have to commute 1 and 1/2 hours each way. Think about it! School by the pool!
Love ya!
~Erica
Looks like she has a great birthday! You are super-mom. School your kids, teach them to sew. You go girl!
Tara! I did not know you had a blog! Can I add you to my list? I love that our girls share a birthday! It is good to see you! Miss you!
Candice
Of course! I found your blog thru Sara's! :) Can I add you to mine too?
Of course! :) yea!
Post a Comment