Tuesday, January 27, 2009

I'm grateful....

..........for a lot of things. But today I am grateful for snow! We have been waiting.....and waitng.... and waiting.....for a bunch of the cold white stuff. We don't usually get snow here until late Jan early Feb so it has arrived right on time but it has been freezing here so we have been hoping for weeks! Of all the places we have lived I love the weather in Maryland the best. It rains a lot - not like Seattle by any means but more than enough to keep everything green all summer with out watering your lawn. Summer is humid but only for a couple of months, spring and fall are longer than most places and our winters are mild. We average 20 inches of snow a year. Last year I think we got about 5! Here is our snow from this morning...not a lot especially for our UT/ID/CO family but enough for us to have some fun in it! :) Oh and this snowfall, not even an inch, is enough to close schools around the area. Bring on the kids and fun!

footprints
the tips of the grass poking through
our street
One happy kid!!!
Look out Haylee!
here it comes!!!
I am also grateful for my wonderful husband. He takes such good care of us. I never have to ask him to clear the driveway or change the oil in my car. He is two steps ahead of me every time. I took this picture through my front door where my Valentine's decorations say LOVE. That is what I feel when I look out the window at my hubby. I am so grateful for him!
Thanks honey!
Happy Snow Day Everyone!!!

3 comments:

Jamie said...

You are so lucky. We are still waiting for snow in Southern Virginia. It seems like all of Virginia got snow today, except us. It someone managed to snow all around us, but not on top of us. Hopefully we will get some this year. Looks like the kids had a blast. And you are right - you do have a sweet husband.

Unknown said...

My kids were so excited too...so happy to finally have snow!

The Harding Hive said...

Wow. That is interesting that you don't get snow until January. I am happy for Haylee. Playing in the snow is the best!!!