Happy New Year! And happy January almost February! :) Long time no post, I know, I know! Since I last blogged at Christmas I'll start with New Years. We brought in the new year surrounded by friends and family and pretending we were rockstars! :) We had such a fun night! Singing, chatting, eating, and laughing was a great way to bring in 2009. Here are a few shots from our fun night.
The kids taking a turn

Haylee rocking out on the drums. She is really good!

Check out her face. She really is a rockstar!

"the band" :)

the cutest guitar player of them all! :)

Right after New Years Joe left on a TDY (temporary duty assingment) so the kids and I have had the house to ourselves. We have been keeping busy with the daily grind and have been enjoying watching all the events/news leading up to the inaguration today. It is such a huge opportunity to live right here in our nations capital. We have seen so many great things and on days like today get to feel like we were a part of history being so close to everything. We did not go into the city today. It was way to cold and there were SO many people!!! We would've had to wait there all night! No thanks! It was enough for us to be here and watch on tv knowing that that historical moment was happening just around the corner. We did have a small part in the day when we went over to the flightline and watched President Bush take off for the last time aboard AF One -it was actually aircraft 28000 since he was now former President Bush - all the same anytime we see the big plane we call it AF One. :) I got to see a bunch of the guys Joe works with on tv and one guy imparticular our good friend Rob got to hand the President a plaque before he left. AWESOME! I wish Joe would have been here to see all of this and to meet the President but such is the way it goes sometimes he needed to be somewhere else. Oh well! :) Here are a few pictures from the president leaving for the last time.
his helicopter getting ready to land

again

Off he goes into the wild blue yonder!

Bye bye George!

We'll miss you!
Just a quick FYI there is an Air Force One special that is going to be on the National Geographic Channel this Sunday at 8:00PM eastern time. Joe was out there for most of the time we are filming so we are hoping that Sunday will be his primetime tv premier. :) If any of you want his autograph after that just let me know I have the inside track. :)
4 comments:
glad you posted, I was beginning to wonder what happened to ya!
Very fun. I wondered it you guys got to be involved with any of the festivities. Glad Joe is back now. Love you guys.
How cool to be so close. One day I will make it over there.
Glad you got to be there...i watched it on TV and wondered if you were there!
Post a Comment