Just a couple and just so I don't forget them. We have had another busy month or so starting off with our ward (congregation at church) being combined with another ward. So I was the Primary president in our old ward and then everyone got released and I got called to be the Young Women's president in our new ward!!! CRAZY! Could have knocked me over with a feather when the bishop asked me to do it....our conversation went like this:
Keep in mind the whole time I was thinking I was going to get re-called into primary in some capacity.
Bishop: We want you to be the new Young Women's president.
Me:.....okaaayyyy...(I had just said a prayer in the car that I would do whatever they asked me to do even if it was being the bathroom monitor... :) -
Bishop: Wow! That was easy!
Me: the church is true right?
Bishop: you just keep telling your self that.
LOL!! Too funny! I am enjoying my calling and mostly don't feel like I am drowning anymore. It has been a really crazy time though!!! Combining wards is not easy! :)
Then our very best friends moved away! :( So hard to be in the military and have to say good-bye. I cried way too much! I miss you Stevens family!!!
Right after that we went to California to see my Dad and my brother, his wife, and my nephews came to join us. We did all the fun Cali stuff and were very sad when our week was over. (I will post some pictures just not tonight!)
Then mom and Krissie came for the air show. They were here about 6 days which was great but it's never long enough. We had such a great time.
The day after they left I got to see some old friends from California when they came here on their 31 state road trip! They are crazy and so much fun. It is so fantastic to see old friends and pick up right where you left off.
Other than that just busy with the end of school and church stuff and photography stuff and going out on the boat - A LOT! Never a dull moment and lots of fun! That is going to be the new name of my blog I think!!! Quick family notes Joe is TDY this week in Texas, I'm busy with photography and church, HD gets his braces OFF in 9 days!!!!! Yahoo!, Sierra wants to get her hair cut again -she is staying short! :) , and Haylee is a character as usual. Haylee funnies that I can remember at the moment -the other night she was in the shower and she said "Mom for some reason when I am near you I feel giddy" -she is an old soul that girl and so sweet when she wants to be! Then on Sunday we were talking about church and she said "Hey! Father's Day is in three weeks, we talked about it at church today" I asked her what we should get for dad and she said "hmm...probably something from the Dollar Tree" She is her father's daughter!!! :) There have been many more that I just can't remember I really need to be better about writing them down! (I say that all the time! I guess I need to just carry around a pad of paper! She says at least one per day I swear!)
Happy June everybody! :)
31 Easy, Funny DIY Halloween Costumes
5 years ago
2 comments:
Busy busy busy!!! But it sounds like a lot of good times :)
Congrats on the YW calling. You will havea blast. I so wish I could have headed north when the Parkers were here. That would have been too much fun. Oh well. Super fun update!
Post a Comment