Today I was taking Sierra to Bolling AFB in DC so she could sleep over at her friend Tasha's house -they are doing a walk for childhood cancer research in the morning - ANYWHO I was at an intersection turning left onto Firth Sterling Ave coming off of Suitland parkway (which I know means nothing to you non MD/DC readers but just so everyone else can get the picture) :) There were two cars in front of me and the
green arrow came on they went through the green arrow went away and the light was just
green. I edged into the intersection a bit so I could turn left when there was a break in traffic. I had to edge out a tad more than I normally would because there are train tracks that run on that side of the intersection and obviously you never stop on train tracks. SO there was never a break in the traffic so I waited until the light turned
yellow and the oncoming traffic stopped and I made my turn as I turned I saw a white flash and Haylee said "hey that light just blinded me!" I knew right then it was a red light camera that went off. WHAT THE HECK? I just turned left out of the intersection!! I was NOT running a
red light! I have not had a ticket since October of 1999!!! Almost TEN YEARS! I am so torked! I am planning on fighting the ticket but I'm not sure how that will turn out. I always hear people complaining about the
red light cameras and I think "Dude, if you run a
red light you run it! You SHOULD get a ticket!" the people arguing against them always say they shouldn't be legal because you have the right to face your accuser or whatever it is. I didn't really agree with that until now! If it had been a cop there, well first off he wouldn't have given me a ticket I didn't do anything wrong, but if he had for some reason pulled me over I would have argued my case and asked him what I should have done because when the light turned
yellow my options were to a) back up onto the railroad tracks or b) stay where I was and block traffic coming from both sides ---neither one of those was a safe option so I did what every other person in America does which is to go through with my turn when oncoming traffic comes to a stop so you don't get pulverized... I mean seemed like a logical enough reason to me. Anyway, thanks for listening/reading... :) I needed to vent. I will be so upset if I have to pay this ticket! Who knows maybe the lens of the camera was all wet or fogged up or something and I'll never see the ticket in the mail. But I doubt that will be the case :( .... so wish me luck in fighting it and I'll keep you posted or call you from the slammer when they haul me off because I won't stop arguing my point. Ha ha ha! Wish me luck people! :P
2 comments:
I will pray that you don't get a ticket out of that!! You should invest in one of those visors for your liscense plate that go over it when they try to take a picture of your plates!! Hee Hee!
I noticed you changed the name of your blog!
Hope you are doing well!!
One more thing....would you list my blog on your 'faves'?? It might help my traffic flow!! www.justfrugalicious.com
Good luck! I hope you don't get a ticket. That would not be fun.
Post a Comment