Monday, December 7, 2009

Haylee funny...

Our lesson in young womens on Sunday was making good use of our time. Since I haven't updated this blog in over a month I guess I am not making very good use of mine! One of the things we told the girls was to take at least 10 minutes per day to write in your journal. I use this blog as mine and I am not very good a writing in it so a quick Haylee funny before I get back to the chaos of the day...

A couple of weeks ago I was cleaning out the van and I had the back open I left it open to come in the house and get my purse -I had to take Haylee somehwere- and she went out and got in the van while I was in the house when I went out to the van she had a sneaky smile on her face and said "uh, the doors were locked in the van so I had to climb in the back." I told her I was pretty sure they weren't locked and she giggled and said "OK, they weren't I just wanted to climb in that way." I told her I wasn't mad that climbing in the back wasn't a big deal. I then proceeded to tell her that even though it was about somthing small she still shouldn't lie to me and that I would be more mad in the future if she lied and didn't just tell the truth right off the bat. She thought for a split second and then said "well, what's the big deal? I am just gonna get baptized in a couple of months." After I was done laughing I told her I was glad she got the concept of baptism but that that wasn't really how it worked - the time before baptism isn't a free pass to do whatever you like while you wait to be washed clean. She is a crack up that girl....

Funny #2 she said the prayer at Thanksgiving dinner at Joe's parents house, her 93 year old great grandma was there with us and somewhere in Haylee's prayer she said this "and please bless great grandma in her old age and that she will live at least a couple more *pause* years..." I was so relieved when she said years I was worried she was going to say a couple more hours so she could eat dinner or somthing like that...with Haylee you never know! :)

Funny #3 on our last night Haylee, Sierra, and I stayed up an extra hour or so with Joe's mom just having some fun girl visiting time and Haylee was sitting on grandma's lap and said "hey grandma, you have a beard!" when Joe's mom laughed and pointed out we all have some hair on our face Haylee said "well, you should shave" out of the mouths of babes I suppose! lol

We have been doing great. We spent Thanksgiving in Missouri and had an amazing visit with Joe's parents and his oldest sister and her family. The kids had so much fun. HD's highlight was driving Joe's old truck that he drove in high school. He was so excited! Sierra got to drive too but I think she better wait another year and a half before she drives again. ha ha ha...she was a little quick on the brake! Haylee got to drive grandpas tractor and had a great time helping feed the cows and playing with the dogs. It was a fun trip to the farm.

Hope you are all enjoying Christmas, we are loving the spirit of the holiday and getting all ready for the big day. :D
Merry Christmas to you all!

1 comment:

Jamie said...

Loved the update! Haylee still cracks me up! Hope you have a wonderful Christmas! Love ya.