Wednesday, March 10, 2010

On their own...

I know I haven't posted in forever and sorry this post isn't coming with pictures but I have a cute story to tell well probably more than one and I really want to get them down.
But to catch up a bit first:
December: Christmas, presents, giving, recieving, lots of snow (way more than we usually get) and all that jazz of the holidays
January: warmed up a little, nothing too exciting
February: HD turned 16 and was ordained a priest, EPIC SNOWSTORM, Haylee's baptism. It was AMAZING! One of the times I have felt the Spirit the strongest in my entire life. HD did a great job baptizing her...a whole post by itself on that soon.
March: I had my gall bladder removed a week ago and OUCH! I am still very sore. I was really hoping to just bounce right back.

Anyway, my on their own stories:
Sierra spoke in church a few weeks ago. Her topic was choice and accountability. She did the whole talk herself and it was the first time I didn't look it over "just to check" she did a great job and had the congregation laughing at her candid teenager speak: "So ya know, just don't choose the wrong." lol she did such a great job.
HD has the craziest schedule of anyone I know and I know some pretty busy people he just made the baseball team playing shortstop and here is his daily schedule right now:
5:08am wake up for seminary
5:30am seminary begins
6:30-7:30am try to take a "nap" before school or finish homework from the night before
8:00 catch the bus
9:05-3:40 school -work REALLY HARD to maintain a 3.9 GPA
4:00-4:45 study hall
5:00-7:00/7:15 - baseball practice
7:30/7:45: get home
8:00 eat dinner
8:30 shower
9:00 do homework until 10 or 10:30
10:30 go to sleep for 6 and a half hours to do it OVER AGAIN THE NEXT DAY!
--there is no way on this earth I could keep up with the schedule he does. Well Monday night he came home and was exhausted and so frustrated. He had a ton of homework and hadn't slept well the night before. He could barely keep his eyes open so at 10 he called it a day and set his alarm for FOUR O'CLOCK AM to finish his homework before seminary. He was having a really hard time and I felt so bad for him. I re-set his alarm to 5:30 and let him skip seminary so he could get some much needed sleep. All throughout the day Tuesday I worried about him and how tired he was. I thought to myself 'I should have told him to pray' that is the best thing you can do when you need help. I didn't see him until about 9:00 Tuesday evening since Sierra and I were at youth activity at church. I worried as I drove home about how tired/frustrated he had been the night before. When I walked in I went and found him, he was like a new kid! He seemed energized, refreshed, and so positive. I said "you seem like you are doing great, I was worried about you all day. Why the change tonight?" his response "I said a prayer" ahhhh how I love those moments when I know that they are just amazing; these children of mine. The hard work sometimes pays off! Yay!

I know I have been a slacker poster and I will try to get some pictures on here soon. And details of Haylee's baptism. It was AMAZING!

No comments: