Sunday, May 9, 2010

I'm so thankful for.....

....these guys! I have been a mom for just over SIXTEEN years and I cannot begin to put into words how much it means to me that my Heavenly Father entrusted me three of his most precious children. From the time I was a little girl all I ever wanted to be was a momma. I am so grateful for the blessing, challenge, trials, and joy that come from this particular calling. :) I am so, so, so -words cannot express how thankful I am to have a husband that works hard so I can be at home with these awesome people.
I only have two years and a few months left of being an everyday mom to my oldest and I have no idea how I am going to deal with him going out into this big wide world. I take comfort in knowing what a good head he has on his shoulders, he has a strong testimony of the gospel, he has firm goals and priorities, and best of all he has a great sense of humor ~ so important to get through this crazy life. But how I will miss him when he goes. *sniff sniff*

Bud- you made me a mom. I was way to young and made so many mistakes and yet somehow you are an amazing young man not a day goes by that I am not proud of you. Love you D.
And this one...she is almost FIFTEEN! What the heck are they trying to do growing up all at once like this! My Sierra is strong and confident and just as beautiful inside as out. Sis -you were so tiny when you got here and I was still too young to be a momma. Thanks for being patient with me all this time as I learned to do it better. What would I do without your help? I would be lost!!! I love you my sweet girl.
And then there's my baby -she hates it when I call her that. :) This kid broke the mold I tell ya. I have never met a more precocious, chatty, sensitive, too smart for her own good girl in my whole life. I am so glad I get to have her home with me for 10 more years...maybe longer, since she is last I may never let her leave!!! :) Bean- you are a such a joy to our family. What a personality you have. You are a light in my life little girl and I love you to the moon and back!
Hope you all didn't mind me getting that out. I use this blog as my journal -which is sad since I don't write very much! But like I told my young women - don't worry about when or what you are not writing just write when you can! :)

I am so thankful to be a mom!!!

Happy Mother's day everyone!!!

3 comments:

Jamie said...

Great post Tara! You are a wonderful Mom!!! And have amazing kids!!! Lots of love! :)

Camille said...

Tara, you are an amazing MOM!!! With some pretty great kiddos too! Miss you!

Kimberly said...

Why did you have to make me go and cry like that! Whoa, so heartfelt. I wish we lived closer to one another, we are missing so much. Love you all. Beautiful kids, beautiful family, AWESOME MOM!! Great job, Tara! Thanks for such a great post!