Thursday, September 12, 2013

We have a missionary

HD left yesterday to begin his two year mission.  Crazy sad, crazy proud, crazy tired, crazy weird just having one child at home. 
So back to D- My mom came in Saturday so she could be here it was a nice distraction and she was a good sport about all the last minute running around.  He spoke in church on Sunday. He was amazing.  No kidding amazing.  He had half the congregation crying at the end.  So many people told me what a wonderful job he had done speaking and how impressed they were with his maturity and strength of his testimony. He will be an amazing missionary.  AMAZING. After church he was set apart and Was given a really nice blessing. We were all there except for Sierra who stayed at school the stake president let me call her and she was on speaker phone to hear his setting apart. Part of his blessing said that I had done a wonderful job raising him and that he and I have been blessed with a very special friendship. He was promised physical and spiritual protection if he was exactly obedient.  It was so humbling to hear all the wonderful things The Lord had to say to him.  We had a teary day yesterday and I have been a bit sad this morning but overall We are doing well.  Here are a couple of pictures my mom took when she dropped him off at the MTC. 
I have more I will post from the last few days but wanted to get this up for now.  Thank you all for your support and for reaching out to us!! 

No comments: