Loved that dress! Got it on sale for 33 bucks! With tax! I will probably be wearing it to the Christmas party this year too. :) yay for bargains! We went with The Haidaczuks and I am so glad we had them with us. Those events are much more fun when you have friends there!
If you look close up in the pic of the four of us you can see a medal on Bob's uniform on the right side -Joe has one too he is just facing the wrong way- anywho that is the Presidential Service badge/medal/thingy :) you only get one after a year of service to the President of the United States. I always feel proud when Joe is in his dress uniform wearing his "cookie" that's what the guys call them. :)
Each squadron/unit decorated their own tables. Ours was fanciest of course with AF1 in the center and presidential M&Ms and matchbooks and stuff like that.
The MC's joked that AF1 was parked outside for everyone to tour and then the higher ranking one said "Seargent Olsen! You know better than that NO ONE gets to tour that airplane!" That's true unless you were at our table. So glad we got to tour it again right before HD left. We have def had some cool experiences with this job.
Ok I was going to post about Saturday too but this post is long already so I will do Saturday separately.



No comments:
Post a Comment