My last few posts seem to involve some type of busy-ness :) it's that time of year. On Sunday our gospel doctrine teacher said we needed to make more time for the Savior and having peace during this time of year and not get so caught up in the bustle and bustle. While I strive to make time for the Savior always I just cannot commit to peace. At least not this 10 days or so! Saturday was the kids Christmas party at the hangar. Always a huge hit! Crazy to live somewhere for nine years and be able to see the littles of all your friends grow up right before your eyes. -I suppose that is normal for non military people lol not so normal for is usually. It is super cool to eat lunch under the wing of that beautiful plane. They turned the tug into Rudolph this year so cute! No pics allowed but they do have a photog for these shots.
Super fun, I mean Santa comes off of Air Force One- that's awesome and can't be missed. Saturday night we got to go to the White House and do the Christmas tour. So beautiful! We have been blessed this year to attend a few functions at the White House and we are so thankful for each opportunity. It is not usually like that. Here are some photos:
Haylee with the fallen soldiers tree.
Stunning!
Us in the green room :)
Beautiful red room fireplace all the fireplaces had real fires burning in them! So cozy.
Love these two and I love that my hubby carried our coats.
Us :)
It was just beautiful we hadn't gone since Haylee was really little. Glad she is old enough to remember now.
Tuesday we got snow!! Yahoo! No school!! I spent the day getting D's Christmas ready to mail. Tonight we got to go see the Nutcracker ballet by the Washington Ballet Company courtesy of the USO. Again, so thankful!! Haylee LOVED IT. I mean LOVED!! So happy she has an appreciation of the arts. The cherry on top of the Sunday was Haylee meeting the Vice Commander of the Joint Chiefs of Staff Admiral James A. Winnefeld, jr. He is the second highest ranking military person in the nation! Wow. Super cool honor. He was very nice and let us take a picture with him.
Haylee and Gav thought it was pretty fancy to meet this guy. He was fancy. He had his own secret service agents!
Tomorrow is a favorite things bday party for a fantastic friend and getting Haylee to a Girl Scout babysitting thing tomorrow from 5-10pm, Friday it's the adult PAG party. It's always a great event and I look forward to dancing the night away with our amazing friends. Pics to come later.... Saturday is the ward Christmas party and Sunday I am speaking at a young women's event at another ward. That sounds major it's not I am giving a five minute talk for their program :) Monday is a cookie exchange and the chaos of the week Friday I pick up Sierra and it's time for Christmas!! CrAzY! Super fun though! Merry Christmas everyone!!








1 comment:
Fun!
Post a Comment