Monday, December 2, 2013

Keeping up

Trying to keep up with life these days has been overwhelming.  I am hanging in there and trying to balance it all without inflicting too much emotional damage to my family when I have less patience than usual and am more stressed than usual.  We had a nice Thanksgiving and the in-laws came for a visit.  Sierra was home so all six chairs at our table were full.  I almost started the house on fire twice but we made it and so did the food.
The holiday seemed to make me miss HD 10x more than usual.  I thought about him all day and hoped somewhere in the wild land of Salt Lake City some nice person took them in and fed them a proper dinner.  Got a nice surprise when I recieved a text from the nice family that fed him.  Sweet words that he was wonderful and that we would be proud of how he is serving accompanied this picture 
This has happened three times since he has been gone and I just can't put into words how thankful I have been each time.  It's so hard to only communicate with him once a week.  Ordered the rest of his Christmas today.  Praying it all arrives in record time so I can send it to him. 
We got all the Christmas decorations up. The house just seems cozy and warm with all the beautiful things all around.  The ornaments on the tree bring back so many memories.  Definitely my favorite part of decorating. 
One more small thing to note Haylee asked Joe to say the prayer at dinner tongint.  He always says no.  Tonight he said yes!!  :) it was great and we told him he is officially in the rotation :) 



No comments: