Saturday, March 15, 2014

3.14

Happy pi day everyone!! Sierra has been home this week! I am happy Sierra is in college. She loves it and I love it for her.  I am grateful every day to see her determination to do well and not let her disorder get in the way of her having fun and doing what she wants to do.  I love watching our relationship change and grow.  Becoming more friends than parent/child. It has been a pretty easy transition with both of the older kiddos. I hope it is as easy with Haylee.  I sure do miss her while she's away though!! She has had a few doctors appointments and we have been shopping and hanging out. I will be sad to have her go back on Monday. We saw a new orthopedic surgeon this week and really liked him. She had an MRI and an X-ray done of her wrist. She has a cyst there and it is causing her all kinds of extra pain. She will have surgery early June hopefully. She is anxious to be rid of the dang thing.  Tomorrow Haylee has cookie booth in the morning for Girl Scouts then Joe will be getting home from his trip to Albuquerque.  We have stake conference tomorrow night. Sunday is more stake conference and a trip into the city. We don't usually to anywhere (besides meetings lol) on Sundays but it is the only day we will all be home together. Monday will bring an appt with the pain doc and taking Sierra back to school.  Here are a few pics from our week thus far:
Pretty sunset 
Haylee spending quality time with Jazz
She loves riding and is doing great! 
Date night at Volcano Hot Stone -think melting pot but you cook your food on a lava rock. 
They also have exotic meats I didn't order anything exotic but others did I tried kangaroo-tastes like steak, alligator-tastes like chicken, camel-it was ground and tasted a lot like a very seasoned hamburger -there was elk and wild boar too but those weren't terribly exotic so I didn't try them.  It was fun! 
Clothes shopped for this child who will not stop growing. 
Were in the middle of a big storm system. 
Shopped for cute clothes for this girl.  LOVE this dress on her it was a bit out of our price range but I had to see her try it on. 
Cat sat- well not really since we took care of them at their house 
Bought this kid a cute dress
Took her out to lunch. A lot :) she is great company and it does a mom good to see her almost too skinny kiddo eat! 
Today we celebrated pie day. 
Sierra also got her haircut but I didn't take pics.  I swear we don't go anywhere that someone doesn't compliment her on her hair.  She is the cutest!  
So happy to have her home with me this week!! 

2 comments:

Lana said...

sounds like a cool restaurant!
Hope I see you tonight!

Unknown said...

So fun! Wish I was brave enough to do such a cute short cut...I've thought about it a lot, but I just don't have the guts!