Friday, February 27, 2015

5172 B Sijan Court

Oy, moving. I do not recommend it.  Emotional. Exhausting. Exciting (kind of) - One of the last nights in our Andrews house I spent several minutes on the porch reminiscing about the 10 years we had spent there. Tears rolled down my cheeks as I thought of all the wonderful memories we had at that home. So many wonderful people had come into our lives during our time in Maryland. People who will forever be considered our family. Just a few memories I thought of:
*bringing Daisy home
*the days spent recovering after Joe's face was broken. 
*Haylee's carnival birthday party.
*both HD and Sierra's graduation parties.
*sitting in the yard chatting almost every single night of summer with the best neighbors.
*that time Joe and Matt recorded their own version of Bruno Mars "Bilionaire" 
*when HD tossed his scriptures down the hall and put a big hole in the wall at the end of the hallway. 
*Bob and Joe hauling a pinball machine up the stairs and back down.
*Bob and Joe hauling an elliptical machine up and back down and then doing it again since the one that went up the first time was broken. 
*giving Sierra her 16th birthday present (tickets to see Wicked) best birthday  gift reaction ever! 
*when HD sort of choked on a sunflower seed while we were playing a game with grandma Chelle and her laughing so hard  she couldn't breathe which made us all laugh so hard. 
*falling down the stairs whilst looking behind me admiring my own handiwork of putting Christmas clings on the landing windows. 
*dance parties in the living room. 
*Sierra singing and singing and singing. 
*so much laughter. 

I am so thankful for the ten years we spent there.  That is a rare thing for a military family.

 We will miss you 5172 B Sijan Court.

1 comment:

Lana said...

I didn't know you for 10 years but I miss you. I hope you make lots of great new memories!