Since I blogged last Haylee competed in the state Science Olynpiad meet. She did not place in any of her events but she had a great time and learned so much!! She also competed with her guard team in the state championships. They placed 7th out of 9 I think....she did not love guard but she hung in there and made some new friends. I am so proud of her for doing this activity which was way outside of her comfort zone. She auditioned for fall guard ended up not making the team she is an alternate and wasn't super disappointed about it. She is looking forward to high school and all of the other activities that will come with that.
Sierra moved home about a week and a half ago. It is what needed to happen so we could stabilize her overall health. It has been nice to be able to take care of her but not fun watching her pain overtake her at times. We ended up in the ER last night because she just couldn't take her ankle pain anymore. She had thrown up almost a dozen times from the severity of her pain. She couldn't keep pain meds or anti nausea meds down. Pretty miserable for her.
This is how I left her when I went back to work after lunch:
This is at the ER. The blue bag is for barf, she is hunched over because her pain is raging.
We got her in and they gave her a shot of Zofran and 6mm of morphine. It was a huge relief when the pain started to subside. I can't imagine what she goes though on a daily basis. Thankfully her ankle has been much better today. It is heartbreaking to watch her suffer. I am talking to a few new docs though and we are hopeful we will get some things under control so she can go on with her life.
Church is busy too. We (Mary and i) are teaching at our relief society conference tomorrow. I have been pondering about what to speak of for weeks and of course the perfect thing comes to me at 10:00pm the night before. I think the ladies will enjoy the class so I am looking forward to it. Speaking of that. I better get to bed......night all!
M


1 comment:
Love you!!
Post a Comment