Wednesday, September 7, 2016

Smarty pants!

Our Haylee girl. She is a smarty.  Sometimes a too big for her own britches smarty but I wanted to blog a moment from the other day. A few days into high school I tell her I have a couple of books I know she would like and ask her to pick one to take to school with her when she has time to kill in class. (She is never excited about my book suggestions because she thinks I have no idea what I am talking about.  Shocking, I know.)  I tell her I want her to read either "The Evolution of Calpurnia Tate" or "Inkheart" instead she reaches into her bag and *nerd alert* two days in high school and she has already been to the library.  She pulls out some book about black holes I'll have to ask her the name of it again and plug it in here later. I tell her I think she would really like either of the books she suggested and she tells me "Sorry Mom, I am just really interested in Astrophysics right now."  What the heck? Who is this geeky kid? Goodness gracious.  That girl is going to set the world on fire one day.  Love that she has a mind of her own and USES it!  :)


No comments: