It was For the last six months or so I have been participating in a book club. When I went to the first meeting Joe looked at me incredulously and said "really?!? You are adding something else to your calendar? You are so busy already!!" I realized that i am busy but also that everything I do, I do for other people. Not that I don't get enjoyment out of the other things I do, I love volunteering at the thrift shop and serving in my calling and being a key spouse etc. But not one thing was just for pleasure, just for me. I love to read and often find myself re-reading books over and over again. I have a hard time researching new material. This book club has been just the thing!!! While I haven't loved every single book I have read things I would not have picked up and have really enjoyed some of them. We meet the first Tuesday of each month. It is a small group but we are open to adding more members and I hope to see it grow a bit. I am thankful for the new friendships it has opened up and for the excuse to have just some me time. It has been a wonderful!! Tonight our discussion was on "Harry Potter and the cursed child" it was very interesting to hear everyone's different points of view. Whoever picks the book hosts the group and Lorna's cute husband decided we needed butter beer for our Harry Potter night! So cute that he took the time to make it for us!!
We also had ice cream to celebrate Amy's birthday.
This months book is Frankenstein which no one is very excited to read but hey you never know. 

1 comment:
I'm sooooo glad you've decided to do something for YOU! Tara Huhmann, you are a gem! Love you.
Post a Comment