Spent the day with Joe today. He was off work but a Haylee had school so we decided to do some running around. We went to IKEA! Haven’t been to one since we left Maryland. IKEA is far from us here. We ate lunch at jimmy Johns and then headed to Hobby Lobby. After Hobby Lobby we went to a survival stores. We are getting some food storage in order and wanted to see what they had. Then we headed to Costco. You can’t leave Costco without spending 100 bucks I swear. It’s worse when you don’t live close to one. We stopped at a couple of truck dealerships too. Joe is thinking it’s time for a new truck but no car payments makes it that much harder to buy. Still fun to look! :) at some point we drove over the bridge in the pic above. It’s close to the city and crosses the Missouri River. Haylee texted and said she had a terrible headache so Sierra picked her up from school for me. We had leftovers for dinner and relaxed the rest of the day.
This picture is from Sunday morning. The sunlight streaming through the window looked like gold. It was a beautiful way to wake up.

Last news is I have a friend I grew up with who is dying of cancer. They don’t expect her to live more than 48 hours. She was diagnosed a year ago just two weeks after her oldest son left on his mission. She got to speak to him a few days ago. She is surrounded by her family as they say goodbye. I can’t imagine the pain they are in. Even though I haven’t spoken to her since high school my heart aches for her and her sweet family. I am saying extra prayers. ❤️
No comments:
Post a Comment