Amy and I had some Snapchat fun...
This one is hilarious!!
Haylee with two of her best friends Rebecca and Vicky, Amy is a pro photo bomber
Yesterday we had some things planned but all of our plans cancelled so we had a whole day free! What to do? We decided to scout out an ice skating rink for Haylee’s 16th birthday party in a few weeks. SIXTEEN. I am in denial. We passed by a park that had some really cool ballons/kites!
Last night I went to the adult session of stake conference. I don’t always love the adult session because I go by myself and have to find someone to sit with. Amy always offers but she comes in just before the meeting starts and I don’t want to go sit in the reserved seats by myself lol. A dear friend came in just after I did. She is going through a very tough time and someone had saved her a spot luckily they had room for one more so I sat with her. It was a sweet time to sit next to her and share some of her sorrows. Mourn with those that mourn is a real thing people. There was a musical number of A Child’s Prayer and my sweet friend just cried and cried. I know she has been hoping that Heavenly Father hears and answers prayers and that she has had some sweet experiences knowing he does. I got teary just sitting with her and remembering those times in my life where I too have wondered and hoped. When your heart aches so much you don’t know if you can take it. And then you see the hand of the Lord in your life and you KNOW he hears you and that he loves you. It was a great meeting and I am so glad I went. Today we went to stake conference as a family. Joe came and so did Pam and Vernon. It was so nice to have our family together. Sierra sang in the choir and they sounded angelic. The messages today were great too. Especially the testimony of our newly called 1st counselor in the stake president President Beard. I had the privilege of serving with him when I was in the stake young women as he has been serving as the stake young men president. He is a great man. Today was also a little sad for Haylee as her first crush, Jared Boswell, is leaving on his mission next week so today she had to say goodbye. He is an awesome kid and will make a fantastic missionary as he served the people of Brazil.
Haylee met Jared at her first BYD here. She didn’t know anyone and I was hoping she would have a good experience. Imagine my surprise when my little tomboy came floating out of the house talking about she met the “nicest boy!!” And he was “so cute!!” He was also the first boy to ask her to dance at a stake dance and it made her whole church dance experience amazing. Haylee is a good judge of character. :)
Tonight I FaceTimed my sis so I could talk to this cute boy 
That is the sweet smile I got when he realized his fun Auntie was on the phone. I am so thankful for technology so I can see his sweet face and he will know my face and my voice even though we don’t live close. He is a smiley happy boy and I miss him and his momma so much! Bonus news he loves me even when I make crazy faces. Best neffy!!
All in all good weekend. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment