We have four or five plates to deliver. Joe, Rick, Mom, Sierra and I. Haylee stayed home to chill. She missed the show. At house 4 of 5 we climb out of the van. I walk around the front of it, mom in front of me, Joe behind us. Before I know what has happened mom and I are both on the sidewalk, mom fell flat on her chest, arms splayed out to her sides, I have hit my knee and who knows what else. Once we got over our shock we started to laugh. Rick and Sierra jump out of the car to help. Mom had a gift for our neighbors in a bag -they had let us borrow their guest bed- the bag is ripped the card is wet, the cookies are broken and we both have snow from one end to the other. We get up laughing and trying to determine if anything is broken. As we start to walk up to the house again, Joe says “Don’t tell them you fell!” I look at the wet cookie bag with broken cookies, moms ripped gift bag and both of us covered with snow and burst out laughing again. How were we supposed to explain our appearance and the gift and cookies? We laughed so hard we both almost peed our pants. Our neighbors were understandning about us being snowy and wet. We could not stop laughing for the rest of the day!!!! Even now with a tweaked knee on the right and my dang tendonitis foot on the left, if I think about it for more than a second it makes me laugh. We laughed so hard we cried. Oh goodness. What a sight we must have been!! It was so funny. Poor Mom is going to be bruised up one side and down the other tomorrow. But we made A memory we won’t soon forget!!! What a day we have had!!
Pics will come next week when I am laid up. Night all!
No comments:
Post a Comment