Last week Keva and I headed to the temple. The weather in Minot was horrible, tons of blowing snow, bad roads - Keva and I decided we would see how the weather was south of Minot and if it didn’t clear up we would just say forget it. We said a prayer we would be safe and the roads cleared up like we had hoped. We chatted and laughed and had some great spiritual discussions on the way to Bismarck. As we were getting of the high way in Bismarck just a few miles from the temple, we hit ice going into the turn and slid into a truck waiting at the light. Good news we were all ok -us and the truck driver, and the sherif was really nice. The car was banged up but driveable.
The headlight on the drivers side was hanging by a cord so we decided to go to target and get some duct tape. While at target we put together a sunshine care package for Keva’s oldest daughter Katie who is in her first year of college. When we came out of target Keva asked me to look up TJMaxx and get directions. As she was taping the headlight a lady came out and asked if she wanted help. Keva’s reply? “No thanks, I’m just duct taping my life back together.” She and the lady both cracked up. It was at that moment I realized the check engine light was on so I decided to climb out and make sure the car wasn’t leaking any fluids. So here is Keva almost sitting in the snow in a dress no less and I say “hey the check engine light is on” before I can finish she says something like “yeah, no kidding” We cracked up again. If ya don’t laugh you will cry right? We had fun shopping and went to lunch and laughed some more before heading home.
This pic was last week too. Our microwave broke. We only bought it seven months ago! So lame. I still wasn’t cleared to carry heavy stuff (I had loaded the old microwave to the car to take back earlier that day but Haylee would NOT let me help her with this)
It wasn’t super heavy just awkward. As she rounds this corner and has to lay on the car she says at this moment “I hate gravity!” Lol. She is a good kid and funny to boot! She and I will survive when Joe is gone. Girl power!!!

No comments:
Post a Comment