Thursday, November 28, 2019

It’s Thanksgiving!! And almost December!

What the heck? Time sure flies.  We decked the halls 10 days before thanksgiving this year because it was 40 degrees and you just don’t know how often that will happen in the great white north.  Joe said if he was getting out the stuff for the outside lights he was going to put up the trees too.  So there ya go!  I am always a hard core after thanksgiving decorator but since it was so late this year I was ok with it.  And it’s a good thing we didn’t wait to put the lights up.  48 degrees last weekend and in two days we will be getting a blizzard lol.  4-10 inches so we will see.  We usually fall on the lower end.  We don’t get a ton of snow up here actually.  It truthfully gets too cold to snow lol.  
Today was BUSY.  I hosted cocoa and coffee for several Chief’s spouses.  Can you believe I have never made coffee before in my LIFE? Like ever.  Lol.  I don’t drink it but ya think I would have made it before.  Good news though I own a coffee pot for when Joe’s parents visit and the coffee has directions on the back! No one said it was terrible but no one said it was good either lol.  My hot cocoa got raving reviews but that is because I am a pro at it!  And I put love in there.  That’s the secret ingredient.  Right after my morning company left my friend Leslie stopped by.  Her hubby is Joe’s commander and I adore her!  I am so thankful we are part of their command team.  Anywho, she and I could talk for days but she needed to vent and I was happy to listen.  She was here for an hour And a half or so.  She left and I started prepping for tomorrow. I cut up veggies and cheese, made the stuffing, made the pumpkin crack, and boiled and shredded two packages of chicken breasts so I don’t have to cook for the next week!  Yay!  While I was cooking I called a few friends to tell them I was thankful for them. It was good to visit and work at the same time. Then I saw a friend had posted on Facebook that she was in need of an elf on the shelf.  She had searched high and low and couldn’t find theirs.  I messaged her that I had one she could borrow so she came over.  She was in a hurry but ended up staying a while and chatting.  It feels good to be a trusted listener.  As we chatted about the elf and all the antics you have to come up with I told her our elf, Crimson, would often challenge us to do good deeds.  She loved that idea!!!  Super loved it!  I happened to have a new printed Light The World calendar on the fridge  so I grabbed it and shared with her the church’s worldwide initiative.  She was so thankful for the daily ideas.  It was a fab way to start the giving season.  
I have so many things to be thankful for, my family...oh how they bless my life, my home, my friendships across the world, the gospel, my Savior.  Richly, richly blessed.  I want to note here that a few weeks ago I was mad at Heavenly Father.  MAD. Sierra was really struggling.  I asked Him why he had spared her life in the crash just to torture her with more pain???  WHY?  All the whole having complete faith that there IS a reason.  But why is it so dang slow? WHY can’t she be better NOW? she was really having a hard time which meant I was having a hard time.  I prayed and prayed and prayed for her to see the happy in her life, to see the light, to SEE the tender mercies.  And ya know what? Things got better.  Her life is hard.  Super hard.  But she is fighting every day.  I am so thankful for her example of endurance.  I would’ve given up long ago.  Keep going friends.  It’s what we have to do.  No matter the circumstances of our lives. 

Here are a few pics...
This little man turned 6 months old on the 24th!  He is so happy!!  We adore him. 

Decorating 





A picture of me crying because dumb Disney made a dumb commercial about a girl going off to college and her dad crying and watching videos of their Disney adventures while she packs, with the tag line “Because they’re only little for a little while.” Cue all the crying!!! I am already sad that this is a year of “lasts” Dang Disney! 

My cute seminary kids being amazed I could turn water into “wine” I had some tricks up my sleeve that day!



Then they cheers’d their cups and Braden said “this is us pretending there are more people here.”  LOL

Haylee and I went to see Frozen II.  We LOVED IT!  Super loved!!  We may go again!! 

And Haylee is getting really good at figure skating.  


Gotta go for now.  Happy Thanksgiving reader(s)!  I am thankful for you! 

No comments: