Thursday, November 7, 2019

Emmett Colton

Life is busy and I am missing so many small updates.  I wanted to post about Sierra’s accident and then about Emmett.  Big stories in our lives this year!!  Emmett couldn’t really be a quick post so I was trying to find time when I could sit down and focus.  I got three hour of sleep last night so obviously this is the perfect time. Ha ha ha. 
The night of Sierra’s accident they had decided to induce Kassi. That was the 22nd.  He wasn’t born until early in the morning on the 24th.   He took his sweet time coming!  Poor Kass was in labor for 30-ish hours!!  Later we decided that Emmett had to straddle the veil between heaven and earth a bit longer so he could help his Auntie Sierra through her accident.  💙 
I tried to stay up through the night of the 23rd/24th waiting for news but I was exhausted.  I kept my phone turned on and still slept through the ringing when HD called around 4am to say they had decided to do a c-section.  Poor Kass was having a hard time.  I woke up pretty quickly after he left a message and prayed for them all.  Emmett was born just before 4:30am.  He weight 7’11 and was 20 inches long (I think) I need to go back and look!  They sent pictures as soon as they could.  Trina, Kass’s mom, was with them the whole time.  She is an angel!!  We FaceTimed them later that day.  Oh how excited we were to have this little one join our family!!  We all tried again and again to figure out his hair color.  Would he be a ginger like his momma? It looked that way at first but then the kids said blonde.  I of course thought they just weren’t holding him in the right light.  Well I am here to tell you we still don’t know what color that kids hair is!  Lol.  Some days it looks reddish, mostly it looks brownish blonde.  I think he will end up blonde with a hint of strawberry. ❤️ Emmett is now five months old and the light of our lives.  He is the happiest, smiliest most giggly baby ever!!  We FaceTimed him once a week or so in the beginning. Now we do it every coupe of days.  He is so interactive and laughs when we play peek a boo together.  I think he really knows us!  He probably wonders why Mimi lives in the phone but all is well.  He sleeps like a champ and has been such a good baby.  HD and Kass are great parents.  That kid is so lucky!!  They adore him and each other.  It’s a pretty sweet life.  
Haylee and I saw him in May at three days old, hung out for a few days then drove to Cali.  Saw him a couple more days when we drove back.  Then we all went out in August for his blessing. HD gave him a beautiful blessing and Sierra flew in from Cali so we were all together.  It was an amazing week.  It was so good to see Sierra walking!  Unassisted!!  She still has a slight limp and is scarred but she handles her roadblocks like a warrior.  
Here are pics from the first five months of Emmett’s life.  
Just kidding I have done this post five times and it keeps messing up!  We will do a couple of recent pictures and then update from there!! 













He is a darling happy boy!!! 

No comments: