Sunday, November 10, 2019

She’s 18

A few days ago our cute Haylee Jo turned 18!!!  One eight!  How does this happen? How do kids grow up so darn quick??  
Haylee was not excited for her birthday.  She does not like change.  Ever.  Even in turning a year older.  And this birthday was a big one.  I promised her Not much would change from her being 17 on Tuesday and 18 on Wednesday but I am not sure she believed me.  We had a great day celebrating.  We started off with doughnuts for seminary, then I picked her up from school at 12:30 and we went to lunch and did a little shopping at Target. She was supposed to go back to school for her last class but talked me out of taking her back.  It was just Spanish after all and this will likely be the last birthday we spend with her in person for a while.   We picked up her cake and headed home.  We waited for dad to come home (he was in school this week too for his PMP certificate prep, don’t ask me what that means because I have no idea!). When dad got home we headed back to town for dinner at her favorite place Longhorn steakhouse.  Joe tried to talk her into a 25.00 dinner but she went with her regular choice of an 8 oz sirloin.  They gave her a free ice cream sundae and we came home and had more cake and ice cream.  I had been dealing with some spouses club/thrift shop issues that afternoon and by bedtime I had a splitting headache.  I’m sure it had nothing to do with eating junk all day and lots of cake.  Blah.  Anyway, here is a bunch of stuff I love about Haylee. 
*she is kind *she is loyal! *she is a defender of those less fortunate/odd/“Weird” *she is so darn smart! *she has the most gorgeous hair in all the land- she doesn’t really care lol *she is beautiful without makeup - she doesn’t really care *she is brave *she is obedient *she is passionate about learning *she does her own thing *she is funny! *she is witty- which sometimes turns into snarky -but mostly witty *she loves her momma, and dad ❤️ *she is a cute auntie, she was very worried about moving down the ladder of her brothers favorite people but she loves that Emmett boy and he will always have a protector in his Aunt Haylee/Aunt Heyhey/aunt lollie (Haylee did not go for that last nickname at all!) *she loves her Heavenly Father *she loves going to the temple (she got to be a witness today!!) *she does not accept that things have to stay one way because “that’s just how it is” -she is a changer *she is so creative!  
I think that makes 18, that wasn’t my initial plan but I got close and decided to finish it :) here are some pictures of our Haylee girl 
Some of her senior pics: 
This was her selection for the yearbook



We all loved this one too! 

Minot has some great murals downtown 

First day of senior year, also the first year I printed signs for her to hold- never to late right?  

On her birthday 

Those curls! 

More senior pics 

Love her to pieces!!  



No comments: