Saturday, April 11, 2020

Covid log day 27.....ish

Oy.  Weeks are passing.  It seems the days are long but the hours are short.  How does that even make sense?  It doesn’t.  Nothing does these days.  I am becoming an expert (ha ha) at zoom which is an online meeting platform.  We had a good MSC meeting this week.  I am not looking forward to putting the new board together this year.  I think it will be a lot harder since we aren’t meeting in person.  I have enjoyed being the president on the social and leadership aspect but I do not enjoy the business side of it.  I don’t like dealing with money or taxes or any of that yucky stuff.  
We have been spending our days staying up too late usually 1 or 2 am!  And sleeping in until 9 or 10.  Well, for me.  Haylee could sleep all day I think.  Joe is still working but not crazy long hours.  The other day he said he was actually “bored” at work!  That never happens.  Since they just sit in their offices they are getting their work done.  Usually they are out seeing people all day and going to meetings, endless meetings.  Since everyone is meeting via teleconference or video conference I think they are realizing how many meetings can be combined or skipped altogether.  
Haylee does school each day, reluctantly, she is SO DONE.  Like senioritis isn’t bad enough when you are IN school let alone when you are working from home.  Besides math and physics her load seems to be pretty light. 
As for me, I do the usual.  Sleep in, make the bed, spend too much time on my phone, talk to friends, FaceTime my grand baby and my cutie nephews and Sierra, and sometimes my mom.  I have been trying to take the time (it really is an effort.  It’s way too easy to let the days slip by mindlessly) to call friends who I don’t get a chance to talk to and catch up.  I chatted with my friend Lana yesterday.  I served with her in the stake young women’s presidency in Maryland.  We had the best time doing that.  It was great to hear her voice and chat about this crazy time in the world.  I have always looked up to Lana and consider her a wise friend.  
Today included my first curbside pickup at Walmart -life changing people! I stopped at one more grocery store in town to get a turkey breast for Easter, stopped to say hi to Joe at work -I don’t go in he comes out to the car- and then came home and put everything away.  At 2:00 Haylee and I decorated the car and went to participate in a birthday parade for one of our maintenance group’s airman’s daughters.  She was turning one and her parents were having a hard time with no one to celebrate with so some of their friends arranged a parade to go by their house.  It was super fun and really cute.  It was a warm day today so it was nice to be out and about.  Haylee and I ran to the BX after that and got her Easter gift.  
In the line with 10-12 cars.  

Masks are required in any stores on base...here we are ready to head in looking like outlaws but really being good citizens. 


Tonight we lit the fire pit and two sets of neighbors came over.  We sat 6 feet apart and enjoyed talking for a bit.  I had mixed feelings about it but everyone was good not to sit together, no one went in the house and I am sure that it was beneficial for our mental health.  Still, I spend the whole week not going anywhere or doing any visiting even at a distance so it felt weird.  I will be glad when this is all over!! 

This little one is getting so big!  Look at those three teeth.  How I wish they could come next month like they planned.  I miss them all so much. 

Just some light trading while on his walk

Look at those blue eyes.  He’s such a sweetheart.


When Kass FaceTimed me today she said she asked Emmett if he wanted to FaceTime Mimi and he got really excited.  Heart melted!  We FaceTimed earlier this week and he fell over so I pretended to fall over and he was laughing so hard. I did it over and over again.  He was cracking up.  It was so fun to play with him.  He’s also starting to point and babble about things and I love when we FaceTime that he will point at something and then look at me to “show” me.  It is the BEST.  I’m so thankful for technology!!  

Last thing, Haylee and I fasted today.  Following President Nelson’s invitation at conference.  Fasting is very hard for me.  I usually wind up with a terrible migraine- enough that it sends me to bed sick.  So today I tried drinking water in the morning, then around 1:00 I could feel the headache coming so I drank a Powerade for the electrolytes and sugar and took some migraine meds.  I was able to finish my fast and didn’t break it until dinner.  Even though it wasn’t a “true fast” of no food or water I felt so good about it!! I know the Lord knew the intentions of my heart and that I was blessed.  I felt a little sick the rest of the day but nothing I couldn’t handle.  I’m so thankful for a living prophet. 


General conference was last weekend and it was amazing.  I felt inspired and uplifted as always.  Even more so this time because things in the world are so hard.  We did the Hosanna about and it was such a spiritual and uniting thing.  All the messages were wonderful.  My testimony grew.  Looking forward to Easter Sunday and worshipping at home.  


No comments: