Easter was good. We had a nice day together and ate turkey (Haylee is not a fan of ham) potatoes and stuffing and rolls and other stuff. Haylee and I dyed eggs and it made me wonder if I would dye them next year since I won’t have a kid at home. That is so weird to think about!! And a little sad.
I started making masks finally. You have to wear one to any of the stores on base. I had a couple of friends make them for us but I also wanted to try to do it. My first two attempts were not amazing but try #3 was wearable. Tomorrow I will make some more. I offered to help a group make some and I have had that fabric for weeks but didn’t want to ruin it so I had to find practice fabric first lol. Anyway, I think tomorrow will be real fabric time. Fingers crossed I don’t mess it up.
Every weekend we take a drive. Mostly up to lake darling and then down to town just to drive and see the world a little lol.
We found a buffalo farm last weekend.
This week the weather finally warmed up! 70’s high 69’s each day. We are loving it!! I went for a walk yesterday and Haylee and I sat outside and read for awhile. It is so nice to have the windows open.
Last night we had a spouses club social via zoom. It was great. We went “camping”. We made origami cranes and roasted mini marshmallows over a tea light candle. Then we went outside and bowled at 8pm. It was fun to see everyone and chat a little.
Speaking of the spouses club, Haylee won a 2500.00 scholarship from them. Yay for free money!
This boy was crawling around and found some Easter peeps. He was happy to help himself to the marshmallow goodness. He is so cute and fun.
The most exciting news of the week were our troops finally coming home from Guam. They were supposed to be gone 180 days and were extended due to world events and Covid to almost 300 days!!! It was so hard for their families. Every time we would get close to bringing them home something would happen and they would have to stay.
The arrow on the left is Colonel Cowley and the arrow on the right is Joe, welcoming their airmen home.

This is a pic of Haylee when we made her hang out with us tonight. She is over family time. And she only stayed face down for a minute or two. Lol.

Saturday will mark SIX WEEKS of staying home. Ready to get back to real life now.
This is a pic of Haylee when we made her hang out with us tonight. She is over family time. And she only stayed face down for a minute or two. Lol.
Saturday will mark SIX WEEKS of staying home. Ready to get back to real life now.
No comments:
Post a Comment