A coupe of weeks ago Joe asked me “what do you want to do this weekend” my reply was spruce up our patio and make it a bit fancier since we will be spending more time home, and hopefully outside of the weather continues to cooperate. He didn’t jump on board with the idea at first but he was still restricted from going shopping for anything that wasn’t needed to sustain life and patio stuff doesn’t really fall into that category. Friday the stare of North Dakota started to open back up. Hallelujah!! All businesses are now open with social distancing guidelines. Also Friday the base lifted some of the restrictions for the airmen. Joe can shop anywhere and even eat in a restaurant as long as they are following the new guidelines!! Yay! We headed to Menards not for chairs but because Joe needed an inner tube for the tire on our snow blower (yes it’s May but he is draining the fluids etc getting ready to store it for a few months lol). Joe is also obsessed with finding the perfect garden hose. I have no idea what qualifies a hose as the perfect one but apparently he has a pretty extensive list besides “round” and “let’s water go through it” because he has been looking for months and we still haven’t found it. He can be so weird lol. Anyway, we looked at chairs and I found rockers that I liked but they were 50 bucks each so Joe decided they weren’t for us lol. We went to Home Depot and found some that were ok and only 20 bucks each so we got those. Headed back towards base and after 10 minutes or so I told Joe I really wanted the rocking chairs :) he was thrilled with this development (or not so much) and turned the truck around so we could return the chairs at Home Depot and get the ones at Menards. He did not think the chairs would fit on the porch. He was certain they would stick out too far but I really wanted to try them. No sooner has he taken his card out of the machine after paying for them -does the cashier tell us she doesn’t think we can return the chairs because they are “fabric”. What?? Not awesome. We go to customer service and talk to Leon who decides the chairs are tightly woven canvass and we can probably return them if we need to. I cross my fingers all the way hone that the dang chairs work in the space. Drumroll.....
They do!!!
I love them!!!
Guidelines were also reduced on get togethers so our neighbors invited us over for dinner. We still have to practice social distancing but it is not as taboo to see people. Yay! My soul needs to see people! There were two other couples as well -2 people under the 10 person limit- and it was so nice to see them all and chat. I also brought the three wives over to see my new chairs and they loved them too!! Yay!! A win for sure.
Haylee spent the day at home relaxing and working on some math home work. That girl had to write the equations to graph a drawing. She figured out the formulations that ended up making a dragon. She is a smarty pants!! I would have formulated how to draw a box lol.
Also, Thursday some friends came by and drew fancy sidewalk chalk in our driveway for Haylee. It took them four HOURS.

Friday is was scheduled to rain so I went and bought a couple of cans of hairspray and coated the chalk.
It helps up great! A little smudgy but not bad!!

I am so thankful for people who love my kid. ❤️❤️❤️
No comments:
Post a Comment