Wednesday, June 10, 2009

No more braces!

Hooray! The best news yet! HD got his braces off today!! He was so exctied! So am I after our four week (actually 7 weeks since D will be in Utah) he gets to go back at 3 months, then every 6 months. Oh how I will NOT miss the dentist/orthodontists office! :) I am ready to spend my Wednesdays doing something else...okay it was only one appointment a month but still I am happy to be done with it! Not as happy as D though! After he got them off he said "Mom, there is only one thing I can't wait to eat. Your caramel. And I can't wait until Christmas!" I will be making him a batch in the next day or two.

Here he is in the car just before his appointment At home and all smiles with those gorgeous straight teeth!
He has his retainers on in this picture...You don't see them? Look close!...still no? That is because his retainer is an invisiline retainer. He does have a permenant metal retainer on his bottom teeth but it is hidden behind his teeth. You can't even tell he has anything in his mouth! It is fantastic!!!
Super smile
So glad we are done! At least with one kid anyway! Sierra is good to go no braces for her, Haylee however is headed in the orthodontics direction. We'll have to see if her mouth can grow big enough for all of her teeth, with as much as she talks you would think it would be HUGE! :)

6 comments:

Jamie said...

Congrats HD! That is so exciting. I remember getting my braces off and just thinking my teeth felt so slimy! How 'bout you? Same feeling? Tara - you are so super sweet to make him caramel. I remember your caramel. So good. Lucky boy!

Kimberly said...

Oh, he is so handsome!!! With or without the braces!! PS...thanks for adding me to your blog roll...

Unknown said...

Hurray! what a great feeling, and a killer smile too

The Harding Hive said...

So cute Tara. I mean handsome. Very handsome.

dennisandsong said...

So fun, he looks great! I remember getting my braces off, it was one of the greatest days of my teenage years!

heather n said...

Such a handsome young man! His smile looks great