skip to main |
skip to sidebar
5k!
Saturday after the Air Force ball I "ran" my first 5k. The Diva Dash! Ran is stretching it but I did run some and there were obstacles! I am so glad I did it. I have never ran/walked 3.1 miles in my entire life. Well ok at Disneyland or the fair somewhere completely by accidnet and maybe even then not all at once without a break of some sort. I didn't prep for it at all. That is the only thing I would change. The weather was great I ran with 25 or so of my closest friends -go team Girlz on fire!- there is no way I would have made it through without two of these ladies specifically Vicky Egbert and Brittany Gilbert. They stayed with me the whole time even though I know they could've gone faster without me. Their support and encouragement meant the world to me. I don't think they will ever know how truly grateful I was. Then the entire team waited for us just before the finish line so we could cross together. That part made me cry. Dumb I know but what can I say I am a crier. After the race we all went to cracker barrel for lunch. That was the best part of the day. :) my body wasn't too bad. I was good and sore for about 4 days afterwards but no nearly as bad as I expected. All in all a great experience and I will definitely do another one.
No comments:
Post a Comment