These are three of my favorite men. We have been friends for the last nine years. I always love them - but when I see them in full dress uniform and for a solomn event like today was I am honored to be able to call one my husband and the other two dear friends. Today we attended the funeral of Matt's father. Matt is the one in the middle. Matt's dad served in Viet Nam and was awarded full military honors today at the end of his service. It was a beautiful funeral with wonderful speakers and hymns. When it was over we all went outside and the VFW members did the 21 gun salute and played taps while Matt stood at attention. Then the honor gaurd members removed the flag and folded it up Matt recieved the flag from the honor gaurd and presented it to his mom. It was more than I could take for sure. Joe and Bob were both concentrating across the street trying not to look at Matt so they could keep it together. It was such a moment of pride and sadness. Seeing them all salute the flag was a moment I won't soon forget. I am so glad we were able to be there. I have only seen my husband cry twice in our entire 13 and a half years of marriage but last night at the viewing he could not keep it together as he saw his one of his best friends, who is like a brother to him, cry. Mourn with those that mourn. Part of the baptismal covenant and a part that was fulfilled for sure. So thankful for the knowledge of eternal life and all the hope that goes along with that.
31 Easy, Funny DIY Halloween Costumes
5 years ago

1 comment:
It's good to have such dear friends that will mourn with you. Glad you guys could be there to support them.
...and can I just say that men in uniform are just so good looking!
Post a Comment