Having a non member husband we don't usually have "FHE" (family home evening for my non-lds readers) we do have family nights but not always on Mondays and they aren't usually spiritual at all (FHE is generally held Monday evening) well we had a free and easy afternoon and with homework done it was just Haylee and I at home we decided to watch part of the Saturday morning session of conference which we had missed due to Haylee's soccer game. I had listened to elder hales earlier in the day so we skipped to elder dube as I had seen a bunch of Facebook stuff that he was awesome. He was! Love that guy! "Don't look back! So much more to do!" We watched David A Bednar. He was great also can't even remember my favorite quote form him but it was awesome. Then we listened to president Uchtdorf. He is so amazing! Well joe came
Home as we were at the last 5 or so minutes and Haylee and I both wanted him to listen and he did!!! In years and years of watching conference and always asking him to listen he never has. We were so happy! "Come! Join with us!" Just a pres Uchtdorf said! :) we rewound the talk and he listened to the first part of the talk too. Haylee and I were on the kitchen afterwards congratulating ourselves on sort of secretly having FHE and I told her we should make it our secret mission every week and Haylee mimes it as she says "oh look! I have a piece of paper in my pocket. What's this? It has a talk written on it! Guess I will go ahead and read it. Oh it's on prayer. Let's go ahead and do that now." LOL! I was cracking up. That girl is too funny. Dang I love that kid. Operation FHE is now official. :)
On another note the sky was beautiful this evening the pictures do not do it justice!
No comments:
Post a Comment